Two Masters, one is set to autoswitch roles, but it constantly switches even when it shouldn't. Can this be fixed?

g120...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2016, 6:09:22 AM11/20/16
to Input Director
We have a setup with many slaves, one primary master, and a secondary master which can also be controlled by the primary master. It's set to autoswitch to slave role if the primary master takes it over by moving the mouse into its screen.  However if you're using the secondary master, and someone even touches the mouse on the primary, it switches to slave role and then immediately back to master, even if the primary master's cursor is on their computer.

The way I understand it, the computer should only switch into slave mode when you move the mouse over to its monitor.  Why does it constantly switch even when the primary master stays in its own screen?

Shane

Dec 15, 2016, 6:30:53 AM12/15/16
to Input Director
Hi,

When the auto-switch role is set, a system will automatically switch to slave mode, when another (authorised) master is available. It needs to be in slave mode to be able to accept the mouse moving across to it, which is why it needs to switch to that mode immediately.

Regs,

Shane.