Input director and remote slave

Ed Kummel

Dec 22, 2011, 6:37:18 PM12/22/11
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
OK. Stay with me on this...it gets complicated...
My setup is:
desktop with two monitors. This desktop is running ID as Master
Second desktop has a single monitor and is *NOT* running ID. All the second desktop is doing is RDP to a third desktop which *IS* running ID as Slave.
All machines are on the same network via a VPN.
ID on the master sees the slave with no issues. When I move my cursor to the edge I get the edge transistion ripples on the master, but on the RDP connection I cannot move the cursor. I should say, that the RDP connection is made with the command line MSTSC.exe /console
Why can't I control the slave through an RDP connection? ID sees the slave...
OH...and the slave is headless and in another room, so I can't see if the cursor is being moved locally.
The OS's I'm running:
Master: Windows 7 Enterprise, second desktop, Windows 7 Enterprise, slave, Windows XP

Thanks
Ed

Chris Jennings

Sep 7, 2016, 12:38:10 AM9/7/16
to Input Director
I know this is an old post but I have come across exactly the same issue. I want to use ID to eliminate keyboards and mice at a location and then use a thin client to display the screen via RDP. ID is running on the host PC which is then displayed locally using RDP.

ID detects the slave and is running but when the mouse transitions from the other slaves or master the mouse only moves on the host screen, not the RDP session screen. Is it possible to get ID to use the RDP session screen instead of the local screen?

Chris Jennings
Message has been deleted

Shane

Sep 7, 2016, 8:07:33 AM9/7/16
to Input Director

Hi Chris,

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do - I've got a slave system with 2 monitors, one of which is running RDP full screen to another computer. I can move the mouse back and forth between the master and slave systems, and when the cursor is on the full-screen RDP monitor, I am controlling the computer I've RDP'ed to. Are you trying to do something similar?

Regs,

Shane.