Use JCreate100 for clipboard sharing

rackflot

Jan 27, 2015, 4:58:17 PM1/27/15
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
I could never get the clipboard working correctly.

I purchased a JCreate5 Wormhole 100. It is a USB cable that goes from one pc to the other.

It can do the mouse and keyboard sharing but is NOT as good as input director. If you have corporate firewall stuff then this will get by that.

I turn off its KVM sharing and just use the clipboard option. it does files and all other stuff.

Now I have the complete solution, InputDirector for keyboard and mouse, Wormhole for Clipboard sharing between PC.s

Michael Kizer

Jan 28, 2015, 12:24:50 PM1/28/15
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
I have to use the Wormhole product on my work computers do to one of them being on an isolated network. It works pretty well, but their software isn't as fully featured (and sometimes a little quirky). It'd be nice to have the ID software work over the Wormhole USB cable.

At one point, I did try using a second network card in each computer tied together with a crossover ethernet cable. I think that worked pretty well, but it was a pain to setup and eventually I got a new computer (laptop with a dock) that didn't support a second ethernet port. I suppose there are USB->Ethernet options that I could explore, but the Wormhole cable does about 95% of what I want it to do.