VPN software caused ID to not work properly

Jacque Raymond

Jun 2, 2016, 7:21:01 AM6/2/16
to Input Director
This has been extremely frustrating.  Everything on ID has been working great for a long time.

I downloaded some VPN software from pureVPN.  I did not even mean to install it on my main computer running ID.  It was for another computer but I installed it on here on accident.  After installation ID lost connection to the slaves it was connected to.

After verifying addresses all matched, the problem still remained.  I uninstalled pureVPN software, uninstall/reinstalled ID, restarted my computers but the problem still remains.

I can verify that ID does detect the computers because I am able to move the mouse over to the slave computer for a few secs then it will say "slave ... didnt respond".

Here you can see the correct address:

Here it says the slave didn't respond:

Here you can see the mouse (watermark effect) on the other screen for a second:

Here the slave is in master mode while the master tries to connect:

I don't know what network settings got messed up but I am about to reinstall my entire OS, this shit is starting to piss me off.