New installation - error code 87 - unable to start - SOLVED

MannyO

Apr 25, 2011, 10:47:59 AM4/25/11
to Input Director
This is a brand new installation.
The error code is "Input Director is unable to start as its background
scheduled task is not running"
The server is running 2003 R2 standard edition.
The event log says:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: InputDirector
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 4/25/2011
Time: 8:42:55 AM
User: N/A
Computer: COMPUTER
Error Code: 87
Failed to create the Input Director Service Helper process. Error Code
87.

I tried changing the service to run under a local admin account and it
didn't work.
I read about KB977074 maybe messing things up but I don't have that MS
update listed.
I tried to install ID v. 1.2.2

BTW, it works on my laptop (WIN 7) as a master and it controls a slave
(WIN 7) but I can't install it on another slave running 2003 R2 -
Actually I *did* install it, I just can't start it.
Is there an install log somewhere? I didn't see one.

OK,
I installed ID on the slave via RDP in admin mode and I was having the
problems.
Before uninstalling and re-installing I decided to connect a KB and
mouse to the slave and log on; after I logged on everything started
fine. I configured my master laptop to see the slave and it works. I
unplugged the KB and mouse, rebooted and everything is fine.

I guess ID can not be installed via RDP even if it is in admin mode.

alejandro corsal

Jan 3, 2016, 7:18:00 PM1/3/16
to Input Director, man...@gmail.com
Hi I have the same problem in win 7 64bit  i tryed to follow your answer to fix but  the question is  what is  RDP ??

This is a brand new installation.
The error code is "Input Director is unable to start as its background
scheduled task is not running"

The event log says:
Event Type:        Error  87
Event Source:        InputDirector