After reboot, slave unresponsive and prompts the "<IP> is requesting control of slave," message from the slave...

Casey J. Burk

Apr 28, 2016, 9:18:46 AM4/28/16
to Input Director
I'm currently using 1.3 Beta (build 101) on both a Windows 7 64-bit workstation and a Windows 7 32-bit workstation (which is the slave). The slave is configured to start as the slave but whenever it goes through a reboot, I almost always have to connect a mouse to it to allow the master to take control of it due to it prompting the message about "<IP> is requesting control of slave. Do you wish to allow?" (Where <IP> is the IP address of the master system.)

Why is it doing this? I want the slave to start as the slave and allow control without needing to manually intervene each time the slave is rebooted.

Any insights or suggestions would be appreciated.

Shane

Apr 28, 2016, 9:49:55 PM4/28/16
to Input Director
Hi Casey,

Couple of things worth trying:

On your slave computer:

1. open Input Director, switch to the "Global Preferences" tab and check that a) it is set to Run on Startup as well as b) on start it is "enabled as a Slave"

2. The prompting may be caused by your master computer being allocated a new ip address everytime it starts. Open Input Director, switch to the "Slave Configuration" tab. If you're running your computers on your own private network, then you can try the option "Allow any computer to take control". Alternatively, you can check the option "Allow computers only on this subnet to take control" - make sure if you try this that you click the "Select from list" button and select your network.

Regs,

Shane.

MemphisArtGuy

Apr 29, 2016, 10:40:43 AM4/29/16
to Input Director
Yeah, also there's under the slave configuration for allow master and you can assign the IP there. Like I use 20.20.20.200 for my master, and my slaves are .201 through .209. Since I'm always trying new things (OS builds), I find this works best for me.