Windows 10 Creator update breaks ID with Wacom Tablet

steve

Apr 12, 2017, 10:26:51 AM4/12/17
to Input Director
Just updated to the Creators update and had been running InputDirector 1.4 previously with no problems. Now, I can switch back and forth without issue, only when using touch mode, but when using pen mode it just drops the cursor to the bottom right corner (where the 'show desktop' button is) and it won't move. I've tried changing the few settings in ID as well as installing the Wacom drivers on both machines (that seemed to help in the past) but it hasn't helped.

I had a similar issue (mouse works/pen doesn't) way back in the day and you said "On a slave, Input Director checks if the cursor is on the edge (that is the last row of pixels) and if so transitions to the next system along. This is slightly different to the logic on the master, which checks to see if the cursor is beyond the edge of the screen and transitions if so. My thought is that, unlike a mouse, the tablet is rigorously ensuring that the cursor doesn't leave the bounds of the screen." Not sure if this is a similar issue and if I can fix it in any way?

I think I might just roll back to an earlier Windows for the time being