Transition problem on mismatched monitors when Cursor Wraparound is "off"

Ron Shaw

Mar 5, 2016, 10:49:57 PM3/5/16
to Input Director
Hi,

I have a master computer with 3 monitors, and 4 slaves with 2 monitors each. I frequently loose the cursor to the monitor behind me when working on the monitor at either end.
When I turn Cursor Wraparound "off", it stops at the far left or far right monitor, BUT will no longer move across the lower monitors to the other end.
I have simplified the following configurations for discussion.

When I turn Cursor Wraparound "off" in this configuration I get the following results.
S1U  M2U  M3U  S2U
S1L  M1L       S2L

On the lower monitors you cannot transition between M1L and S2L. Transition works between S1L<>M1L ONLY.  To get from M1L to S2L, you have to go around the blank spot, i.e. from M1L>M2U>M3U>S2U>S2L and use the same path back across the top from S2L to M1L.
However, horzontal transitions work as expected from both directions on the TOP monitors S1U<>M2U<>M3U<>S2U, and will not wrap between the far right and left monitors S2U to S1U.

If you move the upper master(M) monitors M2U and M3U to the left:
S1U  M2U  M3U  S2U
S1L       M1L  S2L

You can still transition across the top, and between M1L<>S2L, but NOT across the space between S1L and M1L. You must go through the top monitors and back down.

With Cursor Wraparound on, transition to all monitors works fine, except not what I need on the ends.

On the bottom monitors, it seems that when there are mismatched monitors which cause a space with no adjacent monitor, it won't transition with Cursor Wraparound turned off.

Is this a Cursor Wraparound bug or is there a way to configure ID so computers with an unmatched number of monitors will transition properly with Cursor Wraparound turned off?

Thanks, Ron

Ron Shaw

Mar 17, 2016, 4:55:12 AM3/17/16
to Input Director
I found a work-around. Fill in the hole with a single monitor computer (Skp) you aren't using & Skip it. (I used my wife's lap top, which is in another room and always skipped anyway.)
S1U  M2U  M3U  S2U
S1L  Skp  M1L  S2L
Now turning Cursor Wraparound unchecked works the way it should. It transitions through the entire grid, skipping over the Skp computer, and stops at the far left and far right monitors.

Apparently Cursor Wraparound unchecked just checks to see if there is an adjacent monitor, and if not, it stops. It DOES NOT check to see if it is at the far left and far right monitor.

Ron