Just curious - why doesn't "scrolling" get redirected to the slave?

Ziffusion

Jul 6, 2009, 6:59:09 AM7/6/09
to Input Director
First - thanks for this excellent piece of software. I hope it does
well on the commercial front.

I've noticed that with my laptop, the scrolling function on the
touchpad remains local (does not get redirected to the slave). Just
wanted to get some insight as to why that may be. Any plans to address
this?

Regards.

Shane

Jul 8, 2009, 6:45:50 PM7/8/09
to Input Director
Hi Ziffusion,

Input Director captures all standard mouse input including the scroll
wheel. I'd hazard a guess that the laptop's touchpad scrolling
function isn't simulating a mouse wheel under the hood.

Regs,

Shane.

Chad Kitching

Jul 16, 2009, 7:16:26 PM7/16/09
to Input Director
I found that I had to have a mouse (with scroll function) connected to
the slaves in order for scroll to work consistently. After I attached
a mouse, and restarted the slave machine, scrolling works properly. I
can only guess that on some systems, scroll wheel functionality isn't
available unless the detected mouse has enough "buttons" to support it.

Dru

Jul 17, 2009, 10:46:48 PM7/17/09
to Input Director
I have found this so annoying, and I use desktops! I was actually
surfing the net for another program to replace I.D. when I found your
post here on the fix. I'll see about picking up some cheap mice and
see if it fixes the issue.

I'm running three desktops and using only one Keyboard and Mouse.

When I scroll, it only scrolls on the master. I also seems to send the
mouse cords to master station when I hold down the right mouse button.
This is why I'm actually using three stations as the master is a low
power station not running anything except I.D. so I can use the other
two stations.

I'll visit back and let you know, how the issue goes for me.

Shane

Jul 19, 2009, 6:39:44 PM7/19/09
to Input Director
Hi Chad,

I wasn't aware of that - my slaves have no mouses attached. On my
mouseless slave, if I open up the Windows control panel / Mouse
Properties - I have a 'Wheel' tab, which lets me configure up its
behaviour. If you don't have your mouse plugged into the slave - what
does your Mouse Properties show?

The other setting I have (just discovered it now) is, selecting the
'Hardware' tab and then clicking the "Properties" button, brings up
the PS/2 Compatible Mouse Properties. Under the 'Advanced Settings'
tab, there is a wheel detection setting, which for me is set to
"Assume wheel is present".

Regs,

Shane.

an0n1m0us

Feb 27, 2017, 5:20:22 PM2/27/17
to Input Director
Hi Shane

Thanks so much for this program, it's so very close to being exactly what I need except for this scrolling bug which of course can be worked around but it's not as efficient to use scroll bars.

In my case, I've two latops, The mouse / kb are plugged into the master as instructed. The slave is an ASUS laptop, I've just uninstalled the ASUS Smart Gesture support for the trackpad and in theory there there's a keyboard Fn shortcut that should disable the trackpad altogether but this doesn't appear to be working even though other Fn optoins are working.

Do you think scrolling on the slave should work if I can disable the trackpad considering the slave does not have any external mice or keyboards plugged in?

Thanks again
Paul