Slave system IP keeps changing

Souls

Dec 21, 2017, 3:43:17 PM12/21/17
to Input Director
I'm using an old laptop as the slave and on input director the primary IP address usually changes every day, and when it changes, the master can't connect to the new IP. The new IP normally changes back after a while (it seems random) and my master system can usually connect to the original IP. Every time it changes it's always to the same thing, and when it changes back it goes 1 or 2 numbers higher/lower than the original.
I have tried forcing my master system to allow the IP and the hostname but when the IP changes it can't connect at all. Anyone know why this happens and if there's a way to fix it?

Souls

Dec 21, 2017, 3:46:10 PM12/21/17
to Input Director
Actually I may have fixed it, I decided to go into my internet properties and enabled the setting to make the pc discoverable and now input director can connect to the hostname (still not the new IP, since it's never been able to connect to it). Not sure if this fix is permanent.