Input Director randomly disconnecting and quits working until I disable and enable the slave.

Nick F

Sep 27, 2016, 7:40:17 AM9/27/16
to Input Director
On a random occasion, while the Master is controlling the Slave, the cursor suddenly teleports to the master screen.

If I try to move my cursor to the slave again, the water effect plays on the edge of my slave screen, pulsing 6 times as that's how many seconds I've set for the master to wait for a response.

After waiting 6 seconds, the master shows an error message saying that the Slave system failed to respond, yet I saw it pulse 6 times via water waves.

I have a mouse connected to my slave since this issue keeps arising.

Both computers are connected through WiFi, through a DD-WRT Netgear using default settings.

Slave and Master
Input Director version 1.4
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Both using Data Security AES 128bit

Master
Added slave system using IP, not device name.

Slave
Allowed both IP and device name to take control.

Tried toggling Reliable Communications

Both computers using Avast Antivirus, running Input Director as an administrator and even attempted disabling both Avast for one hour to no avail.

TL;DR

Slave system works with Master for awhile, till Master suddenly takes cursor and puts into the center of the screen. If I attempt to move it back, the cursor shows on the slave pulsing the water waves for 6 seconds, then the master says that the slave system failed to respond.

Andy Eff

Oct 23, 2016, 7:48:39 AM10/23/16
to Input Director

I'm getting a similar problem which has started happening this week. I was running Input Director 1.2.2 but upgraded both master and slave to 1.4 - however the issue is still occurring.

I have a Windows 10 master and a Windows 7 slave machine. While working on the slave machine, the keyboard/mouse will stop being redirected at an arbitrary time. Unfortunately the master doesn't seem to recognise there is a problem, so I have to use the Return to Master hotkey to break out.

If I then try and move the mouse into the slave, connectivity will time out with the message 'slave failed to respond'.

The slave is then inaccessible unless I click the 'Scan Slaves' button, at which point the slave starts working again - for an arbitrary amount of time before it then 'freezes' once more.

Computers are connected via gigabit ethernet. Have tried with firewalls on and off, but same symptoms.

As mentioned, this has only started happening seemingly this week.

Recent software updates on Win10 are KB3199209 on 20th October and KB3194798 on 13th October