Is there any issue Input Director on Windows 10?

John Park

Jan 15, 2016, 5:49:32 AM1/15/16
to Input Director
Hi,

I haven't upgraded Windows 10 on my two desktop computers at work.  I am perfectly happy with current Windows 7 on them, but I guess I have to upgrade to Windows 10 before June 2016.

One of my concern is whether Input Director on the desktop computers (on the same wired network) would work perfectly on Windows 10.  Would anyone confirm that please?

Cheers,

John

Brian Tucker

Jan 21, 2016, 4:50:03 AM1/21/16
to Input Director
I just upgraded to windows 10 on my work machine. My home machine is windows 7. When I have the 7 box setup as the master I cannot get the mouse to leave the slave once it is present. The only way to get back to the master machine is to disable input director on the slave. Then I have to manually re-enable when I want to go back to the slave. I tried compatibility mode but that has not resolved anything yet. It technically does work but is frustrating to use now.

Shane

Jan 21, 2016, 6:28:50 AM1/21/16
to Input Director
Hi John,

Input Director v1.4 is under development right now. The new version focuses on compatibility with Windows 8 & Windows 10, High DPI monitor support, and bug fixes. I'm aiming to have it available for beta testing in about a month, with a full release well before June.

Regs,

Shane.

Nick Bolton

Jan 21, 2016, 7:11:41 AM1/21/16
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
Hey Shane,

Let me know if you need any help with the development of 1.4

Nick

--
Nick Bolton
Founder & CEO

 +44 (0)203 598 4302

Synergy: Be more seamless

Chris Stoute

Feb 12, 2016, 6:11:09 AM2/12/16
to Input Director
Input Director (ID) which I have used for many  yrs did not work correctly with Windows 10.

with Windows 7 to Windows 10 all was well... used that for a few months

with Windows 10 to Windows 10 all appeared well but the slave machine captured the cursor; it would not move back to the Master without disabling ID on the slave.
reinstalled Input D on both machines but same problem reappeared.

Purchased $10 Synergy http://synergy-project.org and that covered the two Windows 10 computers, was easy to set up after about 3  configuration tries and it works perfectly so far .. installed this am after spending hours with Input Director

Chris

john l. wolfley

Feb 16, 2016, 6:18:37 AM2/16/16
to Input Director
+1

lmk
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to input-directo...@googlegroups.com.

John Martin

Feb 16, 2016, 12:05:18 PM2/16/16
to Input Director

Howdy you’ll,

I used to use Input Director about three computers back. I have 2 new ones and would like to use it again but don’t remember much about it. Also, don’t know if it will work with what I have now. One computer is a Chromebook (https://www.google.com/chromebook/) and the other is an Acer laptop with Windows 10. I presently need 2 mice and 2 keyboards. Will Input Director work for this combination and, if so, where should I start to learn about, download etc.?

--

Sent from my Mud Pie

john martin
New Mexico-Texas
http://geriatricgourmet.com/index.html

lippo

Feb 22, 2016, 6:04:26 PM2/22/16
to Input Director
I use the version 1.2.2 and it works very good for me with Win 10 master and slave.

There is only one Problem:
If you have not connected any Mouse on Slave System the cursor is hidden.
I think this is because of some sort of tablet functionality.

faladrin

Apr 4, 2016, 8:49:39 AM4/4/16
to Input Director
I've have no issues on a Windows 10 host with a Windows 7 slave and a Windows Vista slave.

Brock Heidemann

Apr 16, 2016, 2:00:41 AM4/16/16
to Input Director
It worked great until Build 14295. Now I can send my mouse to the slave but cannot get it back to the master. It hits the side of the screen and won't transfer back.

Tom Gundlach

Jul 14, 2016, 8:07:05 AM7/14/16
to Input Director
I have 2 computers Win 10 with dual monitors on both, version 1.2.2 works great. Except the wrap around feature, when going from left to right the courser jumps to the far left monitor before it is halfway through the far right monitor screen. Then if I try to go back from the far left monitor it just will not go past the monitor edge.

PapaPanthers

Aug 5, 2016, 9:22:03 PM8/5/16
to Input Director
not sure if this is something that might help especially if you have multiple monitors, I am using a windows 10 master with two monitors, and a windows 7 slave with one monitor, it appears that the settings for the display change which monitor was primary and secondary on the master. had to change it back to initial setting before I could get to my slave...not sure if this is the same issues some of you are having... but just thought I would put it out there.

Thanks

Shane

Aug 6, 2016, 2:28:38 AM8/6/16
to Input Director
Hi Tom,

Input Director v1.4 has been released and will fix the monitor edge issues on Windows 8/8.1/10. It can be download from the http://www.inputdirector.com

Regs,

Shane.

Tom -

Aug 10, 2016, 3:00:44 PM8/10/16
to input-d...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the update, I have downloaded and installed Input Director v1.4. It works perfectly, I sure appreciate receiving your notice of update.

Have a blessed week,

Tom

Message has been deleted

Mark

Jul 31, 2018, 7:06:49 AM7/31/18
to Input Director
I run version 1.4 on 3 pc running windows 10.  I had mouse issues with the pointer moving to slave but not being able to return.  This was fixed by having a mouse on each slave.  I just use a usb receiver on each slave and no need to have the mouse powered.  I recently changed isps and now use dsl.  Having no phone jacks near computers I run wireless.  This created an issue on one pc where occasionally the keyboard mouse control disappears.  I just use ctl alt del and cancel and all working again.