Amount of slaves limit

Diego Zenizo

Feb 12, 2016, 6:11:09 AM2/12/16
to Input Director
Maybe this is an obvious question, I looked for it everywhere but couldn't find an answer.

Is there a limit on how many slaves can be assigned to a master?

I plan to use Input Director to emulate a KVM for a group of PCs alumns in a public school, between 25 and 45 at a time.

An obvious answer is to install it and try it, but I don't have the PCs yet.

Thanks

John Smith

Mar 2, 2018, 6:01:19 AM3/2/18
to Input Director
open more than 15 will be crash

Kevin Young

Jul 12, 2018, 11:55:35 PM7/12/18
to Input Director
I have used 17 at once without a crash, any data on what has crashed and why?  I would also like to find a correct answer to how many slaves can be used at once (mirror function)

Shane

Jul 13, 2018, 7:50:49 AM7/13/18
to Input Director
Hi,

For the current version (v1.4), I don't recommend more than 16 slaves. The next version (v1.4.1) which will be released in the next couple of months can comfortably support 32 slaves (and there's no reason for it not to work with a larger number than that).

Regs,

Shane.

V@no

Jul 30, 2018, 6:22:13 PM7/30/18
to Input Director
Just out of curiosity why 16 slaves limit?

Shane

Jul 31, 2018, 7:04:49 AM7/31/18
to Input Director
Hi,

It wasn't designed limit :-) - in v1.4 there are a couple of bugs that can cause a crash when there are more 16 slaves communicating with a master. The forthcoming version v1.4.1 has those bugs fixed as well as optimisations to improve responsiveness when managing a large number of systems.

Regs,

Shane.