Having an odd issue with copying-and-pasting files from master (Win7) to slave (Win10) using 1.4 Build 110...

Casey J. Burk

Jun 13, 2017, 1:56:34 PM6/13/17
to Input Director
When I try to copy-and-paste a file from my Win7 (master machine) to my Win10 (slave machine), the mouse cursor icon briefly changes from a standard pointer icon to a "circular / rotating" icon (to denote activity), which implies that it's trying to do *something.* Unfortunately, the file never pastes. It just does the rotating icon and after a moment, that's it: nothing is pasted--no file, nothing.

Here's the kicker: if I open an Explorer folder *on the master* using the "\\MACHINENAME\SHAREDFOLDER" path, access it, then try to paste the file there, it works!

This has to be a bug...

Can anyone confirm this behavior?

The rationale I have for using the Win7 machine as the master in this case is due to my tools, etc. being installed on that system. At some point, I might transition to a different Win10 machine in the future but for now, I have to use the Win7 machine as the master.

Any insights into what might be causing this would be appreciated.