programatically sending hotkeys

jm

Jan 17, 2018, 10:20:59 AM1/17/18
to Input Director
hi,

I am using hotkey to move to either of my pcs. I am also using ahk for some other automating, and I find for one use case it would be really useful if I could programmatically (from ahk script) request InputDirector to move to Master or one slave. I have tried sending the keys with ahk but did not achieve anything.

Is there some way to do this programatically? It would be really usefull.

thanks!

Shane

Mar 8, 2018, 5:45:38 AM3/8/18
to Input Director
Hi,

You could try using ahk again, but first:

1. Open Input Director on your master computer
2. Switch to the "Master Preferences" tab
3. Scroll all the way down to "Advanced" settings
4. Enable the "Logitech keyboard macro compatibility mode"

See if that helps.

Regs,

Shane.

jm

Mar 9, 2018, 12:32:03 PM3/9/18
to Input Director
Hi Shane,

tried it, and it does not help.

So it is clear, what I want to do in my ahk script is this:

1. I invoke my ahk script somehow, I am in screen of Master
2. ahk runs some commands in master
3. I move the focus to Slave

To accomplish point 3 above  I 'send' (via ahk) the hotkey combination I have for Slave configured in InputDirector, hoping InputDirector will catch the hotkey and move to slave.

thanks!