Slave not responding

ARCURI Motorsports

Sep 3, 2016, 7:58:05 AM9/3/16
to Input Director
I am getting a slave not responding message.  I have checked all the items in the FAQ.  TCP and UDP local and remote ports are set to any in Windows firewall on both machines.  Avast is installed on master but does not include their firewall.  Time to wait for slave is set to 10 seconds.  Slave is Windows 10, master is Windows 7.  I can access the slave from the master through windows explorer and vice versa.

Shane

Sep 3, 2016, 8:29:09 AM9/3/16
to Input Director
Hi,

Are you using ip addresses or hostnames when you setup the Input Director configuration on your master system and slave system?

Couple of extra things to try:

1. Open Input Director on your slave system, switch to the "Slave Configuration" tab and temporarily switch on the option "Allow any computer to take control" - did this help?

2. Open Input Director and switch to the "Global Preferences" tab. Click the "Change" button under "Preferred Network Interface" (down the bottom). If you've got two or more network connections into a computer, you'll see multiple entries. Select the entry that looks correct for how your two computers are networked together (contact me if you need help with this).   You need to do this to Input Director on both the master computer and slave computer.

Regs,

Shane.

ARCURI Motorsports

Sep 3, 2016, 2:17:37 PM9/3/16
to Input Director
I was using hostnames but switched to ip address on the slave and this didn't work.  I am able to ping back and forth so they're talking to each other.

1. I originally had my master designated as the only one that could take control but had already tried allowing any computer and this did not work.

2.  I only have one connection on each computer but selected the adapters on each just to try it.  That didn't work.

I've also tried setting the port for UDP and TCP inbound and outbound on both computers from "Any" to 31234.  Still no luck.

ARCURI Motorsports

Sep 7, 2016, 12:34:18 PM9/7/16
to Input Director
Today, after first starting both systems, I got an "unauthorized request to control system" (or something like that) when I tried to transition from master to the slave.  After that I got the typical "slave not responding" message.  So, I completely disabled the firewall for inbound connections on the slave.  After that the cursor would transition but only to the edge of the slave system, sit there for a couple of seconds and then I would get the "slave not responding" message.  Now, with the firewall reactivated it is still transitioning to the edge and then giving me the not responding message.