Warning about mismatched number of monitors

DeltaVictorLima

Apr 21, 2011, 3:24:49 AM4/21/11
to Input Director
Hello,

when I'm in the office, I have an external monitor attached to my
notebook and I'm using the internal notebook display at the same time.
When I'm out of office, I get a warning from Input Director
("Mismatched number of monitors" IIRC) but everything's working fine.

Could please add an option to disable the warning message? Maybe not a
perfect solution, but that would work for fine me. ;)

When I'm at home, I sometimes use my private Notebook as a master and
my office notebook as a slave. Seems to work, too. Sometimes, when I'm
at home, I want to make my office notebook the master and the private
notebook becomes slave.

Would be great if that could be considered when designing the next
version of Input Director.

Thank you very much for this program. It's a must have for me, for
several years already. Works much better than the open source project
Synergy2. (which is not maintained anymore)

Best regards,
Delta.

Da Ceige

Apr 21, 2011, 10:49:11 AM4/21/11
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
Or maybe automatic monitor detection? At least on the master? Or
monitor layout profiles?

Shane

Apr 24, 2011, 8:26:20 AM4/24/11
to Input Director
Hi,

> when I'm in the office, I have an external monitor attached to my
> notebook and I'm using the internal notebook display at the same time.
> When I'm out of office, I get a warning from Input Director
> ("Mismatched number of monitors" IIRC) but everything's working fine.

Are you using Input Director in this environment - or is it the Input
Director auto-startup that is popping up the warning message.

> Could please add an option to disable the warning message? Maybe not a
> perfect solution, but that would work for fine me. ;)

I'll add this suggestion to the future features list.

> When I'm at home, I sometimes use my private Notebook as a master and
> my office notebook as a slave. Seems to work, too. Sometimes, when I'm
> at home, I want to make my office notebook the master and the private
> notebook becomes slave.
>
> Would be great if that could be considered when designing the next
> version of Input Director.
>
> Thank you very much for this program. It's a must have for me, for
> several years already. Works much better than the open source project
> Synergy2. (which is not maintained anymore)

Regs,

Shane.

DeltaVictorLima

Apr 25, 2011, 4:46:54 AM4/25/11
to Input Director
On 24 Apr., 14:26, Shane <sh...@inputdirector.com> wrote:

> Are you using Input Director in this environment - or is it the Input
> Director auto-startup that is popping up the warning message.

It's launched automatically. But I also use it at home, sometimes.

Best regards, delta

Mats Svensson

Jan 17, 2016, 6:26:15 AM1/17/16
to Input Director

I would also like to turn this warning off.

Mats Svensson

Jan 17, 2016, 6:26:15 AM1/17/16
to Input Director
I also want this warning gone.
ID works perfectly, sp why the warning?

If I "correct" the "mismatch" in the settings, i end up with a L-shaped setup which traps the pointer.
But if i keep things "mismatched" it works as i want, and the pointer travels between the computers no matter which screen it is on.

I really see no problem at all with having a "mismatched number of monitors", so why is there a warning?