Cursor snaps to opposite side of display

Ben Spingarn

Oct 18, 2017, 6:15:12 AM10/18/17
to Input Director
Howdy!

I've been playing around with Input Director to get around a problem we've been having, and it's working much better than our previous solution.

Small problem I've found: I currently only have one master, and one dedicated slave. When I move the cursor off the edge of the master, the cursor snaps to the opposite edge of the slave. It appears the cursor doesn't change height on the display when it snaps, only that it moves from one edge to the other. This happens whether the slave is configured to be on the right or the left of the master.

Note that both the master and slave are part of a VDI environment based on VMware products. More information can be provided if it would be helpful in troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Electro Glyde

Oct 22, 2017, 12:49:23 AM10/22/17
to Input Director
I first try playing with these settings:

  • Master Configuration
    • Cursor Wraparound: I have found this to be problematic in virtual machine set ups.
    • Master Monitor Setup: I've had to play around with these in VMs as well, especially the monitor number setting. Some VM software has complex multiple virtual monitor setups. If you are using multiple virtual monitors, try manually rearranging them.
Let is know what happens!