Windows 10 - LAG!

Joe Harmon

Oct 11, 2015, 7:53:50 AM10/11/15
to Input Director
I just "upgraded" my machines to windows 10, and now inputdirector has some serious lag issues with the slave (I think).  The network is all wired, so there should be no reason for the severe mouse delay.  Has anyone encountered/found a workaround for this issue?

Thanks!

Russ

Dec 6, 2015, 5:58:40 PM12/6/15
to Input Director
Just started happening to me when I switched my old Toshiba laptop, running WIN 10, to my Surface 3 running WIN 10. Not just lag, but more time than not, moving the cursor to the slave causes the cursor to vanish. A Ctrl-Alt-Del then "Cancel" gets it back. Any fixes?

Richard C

Jan 8, 2016, 5:56:38 AM1/8/16
to Input Director
I have the vanishing mouse issue.  Found that with a mouse plugged into the slave (but not actively being used), the issue doesn't occur.  Probably not much help for most people but I can deal with it.

Russ

Jan 8, 2016, 8:23:23 AM1/8/16
to Input Director
Thanks. My problem turned out to be a WiFi issue. My laptop was wired into the LAN but the Surface was using WiFi. I bought a USB LAN adapter and it totally fixed the problem.