ALT+CTRL+DEL at Windows startup.

Konstantinos Kostovasilis

Mar 6, 2018, 5:49:56 AM3/6/18
to Input Director
Hello all.

Imidiatelly after I installed Input Director, whenever I log in Windows it is as if the ALT+CTRL+DEL combination is being pressed at the time of startup.

I triple checked with 3 machines running Windows 10 1709. After I installed ID this started happening.
It is as if a scheduled event is running at start-up which sends the ALT+CTRL+DEL.

I uninstalled ID with REVO uninstaller but this keeps happening and it is a bit frustrating.
I did look through the task scheduler but I could not find something. It could be something in the registry?

Other than that ID is working perfectly.

I would really appreciate your help, it might be something very simple but I can't see it.

Thank you.

Shane

Mar 8, 2018, 5:36:02 AM3/8/18
to Input Director
Hi,

This is a new one for me, particularly if it's still happening after uninstalling Input Director.

One setting that Input Director does change in the registry enables software simulated Ctrl-Alt-Del commands to be executed. If you comfortable using regedit.exe, you could try changing that value and see what happens:

Its: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\SoftwareSASGeneration

Changing its value to 0, will disable software simulation of Ctrl-Alt-Delete.

Regs,

Shane.

Konstantinos Kostovasilis

Mar 9, 2018, 1:43:33 PM3/9/18
to Input Director
Hi, thanks for your answer.

When I changed the registry everything came back to normal and I don't get the 'Ctrl-Alt-Delete' screen after the restart. When I install it again it comes back, at least now I know how to get rid of that behavior with ID unistalled.

I noticed that when I change the setting to 0 with ID installed it goes back to 3 after the reboot.

I find ID really usefull and I hope there can be a solution. Please let me know if I can help with more tests or if you want a log file to find the cause of the problem.

I am just curious if this has to do with the requirement to press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to allow a user to logon, from the netplwiz.exe setting

Thanks for all your help.