Mouse Very Sluggish on Slave

Jason Cusati

Aug 1, 2013, 1:39:13 PM8/1/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
I have 2 laptops connected to a home network over wifi.  The laptops are connected to a domain that is not part of the home network.   I am VPN'd in to the domain, and Input Director will only work using the VPN tunnel IP.  First, is this the cause of the sluggishness?  If so, how do I get it to work on the local network?  If not, any other suggestions?  I've tried disabling rippled and caching the IP.  I also tried setting the preferred network to the local wireless, but still that does not work.

Jason Cusati

Aug 8, 2013, 3:54:14 PM8/8/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
Anyone?  This is really frustrating.   Everyone says ID hands down is better than the competitor but so far it sucks.  Can anyone help?  I've tried what's in the help and support pages.

Greg Moore

Aug 8, 2013, 8:18:30 PM8/8/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
Jason,

Try telling Input Director to run on the network that is shared for both computers. You can select the preferred network under the Global Preferences tab.

Jason Cusati

Aug 8, 2013, 10:31:40 PM8/8/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
I tried that and it won't connect at all.

Artie Darrell

Aug 8, 2013, 10:34:51 PM8/8/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
how does it work without wifi?  via wired?

--
Artie Darrell
President / Partner

Jason Cusati

Aug 8, 2013, 11:52:22 PM8/8/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
I don't know, my router is in the closet in another room.  I can't hard wire in.

-------------------
Jason Cusati

Matt K

Aug 15, 2013, 8:44:23 PM8/15/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
The VPN policy probably disallowed traffic on the local LAN.  Therefore, traffic between your two local computers is having to travel all the way across the VPN to your corporate network and then back.

If you have a printer on your local network you probably can't print to it either.

In summary, this isn't the fault of input director.

Jason Cusati

Aug 16, 2013, 9:44:19 AM8/16/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
OK, that makes sense.  However, your last part there about the printer is actually not true.  I have a wireless printer and I can print to it while connected to the VPN.

So can you tell me any way I can force input director to use the local lan, and make my VPN allow it?

Jason Cusati

Pathia Red-Tawner

Aug 30, 2013, 10:16:51 AM8/30/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
One of those machines isn't 8.1 Preview (and 8.1 RTM is floating around now too) is it?  In some testing for whatever reason in 8.1 the mouse will go agonizingly slow on the slave machine.  I've just been hoping that whenever the ALT-TAB situation might be fixed, then this might as well.