Triggering Input Director Hotkeys with Remapped Keys / Mouse Buttons

Rebecca

Jul 6, 2017, 10:01:28 AM7/6/17
to Input Director
Hi,

I have the following hotkeys in Input Director:

Alt + 1  ::  Return to Master System
Alt + 2  ::  Go to Slave System 1

These work fine when pressed on my keyboard normally. However, when I remap either Alt or 1 with AutoHotkey, they do not work for activating those Input Director hotkeys. For example, in AutoHotkey I tried:

XButton1 :: LAlt  (remap Mouse 4 to Left Alt)

Hoping to be able to do the following:

Mouse 4 + 1 :: Return to Master System
Mouse 4 + 2 :: Go to Slave System 1

Unfortunately this did not work. Does anyone know of a way to get this working, or some other workaround for being able to use Mouse buttons as part of an Input Director hotkey?

Shane

Jul 6, 2017, 10:06:47 AM7/6/17
to Input Director
Hi Rebecca,

Try this:

1. Open Input Director on your master system and switch to the "Master Preferences" tab.
2. Scroll all the way down to the "Advanced" settings and try enabling the "Logitech keyboard macro compatibility mode"

Regs,

Shane.

Rebecca

Aug 1, 2017, 6:43:31 AM8/1/17
to Input Director
Hi Shane,

Your suggestion did allow me to use my remapped mouse buttons for things in the Macros / Key Bindings tab. Unfortunately, it did not work for the hotkeys used to switch input between master and slaves. Anything else I could try?

Thanks,
Rebecca

Shane

Aug 2, 2017, 12:36:39 AM8/2/17
to Input Director

Hi Rebecca,

Sorry - nothing comes to mind.

Regs,

Shane.

yeryry

Feb 10, 2018, 5:50:49 AM2/10/18
to Input Director
I managed to get some success using something like this, here adapted for Rebecca's keys:

2::
    GetKeyState, s, XButton1
    if (s = "D") {
        ;Sleep 150
        Send !2
    } else {
        Send 2
    }
    return

This works fine for switching to slaves, but once the pointer is in a slave, the slave seems to get all the input, and AHK doesn't, so switching back to the master, or to other slaves, doesn't work. The sleep seemed to be needed for some configurations of keys but not others. The "Logitech keyboard" option did seem to be needed.
I had been trying to use AHK to make a toggle for the slave-switch keys, but it seems impossible. What would help for this is some way to control Input Director externally, using UDP or DDE or... something. Or maybe some kind of plugin system to allow more advanced things.