MCH3601 and CEE9901

Ric Jernigan

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
I recently put on patch 4 for Delphi 4/400 and can no longer access one
of my AS/400 files. When ever I try to open the file my that program
locks up. I looked at the job log on the 400 and say these two errors.
Anyone have an idea of what the problem is? It seems to only occur on
this one file, others are ok.

Thanks,
Ric Jernigan

Philippe Gaillardin

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
Hi Ric,

Try to delete FFD and IFD files associated to your AS/400 File.
Those files are located in \co404\dds by default.

Ric Jernigan

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
I already tried that. I did several other tests to try and determine what
is causing the problem. I deleted the file on the AS/400 and then recreated
it. When it had no records in it, I could access it fine. I started adding
the records back in blocks of 100 to see if perhaps there was some corrupt
data in the file. On record 193 I get the error. I created the file with
the first 192 records and everthing works fine. If I add the 193 record the
program either locks up but continues to run ( my pc processor usage goes to
100%) or I get the errors on the as/400. There is no corrupt data on this
record, as I added it usinga DFU. I tried this with another file that had
more records in it and it worked fine. I am testing by going to Database
Expore from within Delphi 4, attaching to the database, then opening the
table I need and pressing the data tab. In my previous message I said it
was patch 4 I had put on, it was actually patch_d407. I applied it to solve
a problem I was having with the DB Lookup Combobox, when using an AS/400
file that had alphanumeric fields for the index. If you could give me some
more ideas on how to fix the problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ric Jernigan

Ric Jernigan

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
I've included here the joblog.
This is the joblog when the program locks up but dosen't get the error

> CALL PGM(CO404TCP) PARM('04529' 'RIC ' X'8C9C998B8905120A1017')
Library NFL added to library list.
Library YTEXAS added to library list.
Library QGPL added to library list.
Library QTEMP added to library list.
Library QRPG added to library list.
Current library changed to *CRTDFT.
File CO400TMP created in library QTEMP.
Member CO400TMP added to file CO400TMP in QTEMP.
Printer device PRT01 not found. Output queue changed to QPRINT in library
QGPL.
6 records copied to file CO400TMP in QTEMP.
Printer device PRT01 not found. Output queue changed to QPRINT in library
QGPL.
More...

Press Enter to continue.

System:
S1028Z7M
Job . . : P168001050 User . . : RIC Number . . . :
045498

6 records copied to file CO400TMP in QTEMP.
Ownership of object TCUSLOBJ in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.
Ownership of object TCUSLRCD in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.
Ownership of object TCUSLFLD in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.
Ownership of object TCDBRTVFD in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.
Ownership of object TCDBRTVFD2 in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.
File LENAYDDS has no members.
File Y2I#DSP has no members.
File Y2I1DSP has no members.
File Y2PGDSPK has no members.
Ownership of object DBRELATION in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.
Ownership of object DBRELATION in QTEMP type USRSPC changed.
Replaced object DBRELATION type *USRSPC was added to QRPLOBJ.
Ownership of object DBRELATION in QTEMP type USRSPC changed.

More...
Press Enter to continue.

Display All Messages
System:
S1028Z7M
Job . . : P168001050 User . . : RIC Number . . . :
045498

Replaced object DBRELATION type *USRSPC was added to QRPLOBJ.
Ownership of object DBRELATION in QTEMP type USRSPC changed.
Replaced object DBRELATION type *USRSPC was added to QRPLOBJ.

*** Add the following when the error occurs ***

Pointer not set for location referenced.
Application error. MCH3601 unmonitored by CO400CTCP at statement
0000000007, instruction X'0000'.
Function Check. CEE9901 unmonitored by CO404TCP at statement 1900,
instruction X'002F'
CEE9901 received by CO404TCP at 1900. (C D I R)

Bottom
Press Enter to continue.

My PC is a Pentium 233 with 64 MB of RAM, my operating system is Windows NT
Workstation version 4.00.1381 IE 4.04.72.3110.8. My AS/400 operating system
is V4R1