Weekly xword - "Mole People"

Benjamin Tausig

Jun 10, 2014, 10:25:54 AM6/10/14
to ink...@googlegroups.com
The weekly puzzle is attached - enjoy! Here is the solution.

There are just two remaining Ink Well crosswords after today. At this point ten years ago, I was sitting at an office job, emailing about theme ideas with my mentor, Nancy Salomon, and thinking about how to approach newspapers and websites to pitch a a weekly crossword feature. A few months later, Ink Well was a thing. We've had a great almost-ten-year run and I'm very appreciative!

With Ink Well going away, I hope that as many of you as possible will sign up for the American Values Club crossword, which is where my crossword time and energy will be spent from now on, as an editor. Many of those signed up for this list are already subscribers, and my goal is to hook a few more before Ink Well ends later this month. The flavor of the AVCX puzzles is very similar to Ink Well, but we have a variety of top constructors (including myself, Brendan Emmett Quigley, Francis Heaney, Byron Walden, Aimee Lucido, Caleb Madison, Tyler Hinman, Zoe Wheeler, Patrick Blindauer, and periodic guests). A subscription gets you several bonus variety puzzles each year, and the overall quality of the puzzles is (in my opinion) among the highest anywhere.

Paying for puzzles, especially if you're used to solving them free, isn't especially appealing, we know. But the price for the AVCX is set at a rate ($18/year, or $30/two years) that works out to just 34 cents per puzzle (or 28 cents for two years), or even less if you factor in the bonus puzzles. We would love to continue with the older model in which print ads patronized the crossword, but since that era is fading, the least we can do is keep our prices affordable. The URL for subscribing is avxwords.com.

Anyway, thanks for solving!

Ben

Mole People CR 6 11 14 PDF.pdf
Mole People CR 6 11 14.puz