how do i get it to read the microsd card with an r4?

hotaru

Sep 16, 2008, 8:26:23 PM9/16/08
to inferno-ds
i built inferno-ds with CONF=dds and i'm trying to run it on my r4,
but when i boot it it says "init: local file system unusable"... what
do i need to do to make it work? i patched the nds file with the r4
dldi and the card is formatted as fat16.

Salva Peiró

Sep 16, 2008, 9:03:55 PM9/16/08
to infer...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 2:26 AM, hotaru <hotaru....@gmail.com> wrote:

> i built inferno-ds with CONF=dds and i'm trying to run it on my r4,
> but when i boot it it says "init: local file system unusable"...

that's a good sign,
when a storage card is not recognised dsinit.b will complain
with: "dossrv: mount /n/local: unknown format", that can be checkeck by
running the idds.nds file without patching it with the r4 dldi.

Instead when a storage card is recognised dsinit.b:/^init will look
for a valid filesystem layout, in particular is looking for the shell
/dis/sh.dis, if it's not able to find it then it'll complain with:
"local file system unusable"

Now you just have to give dsinit.b what it's looking for,
which is populating the root of the sd card with the Inferno distribution.

Quick instructions:
cd inferno-os/
cp -r dis/ fonts/ icons/ lib/ man/ tmp/ usr/

and try again, if something else is missing just cp it.
--
salva

robert wilson

Sep 17, 2008, 2:41:23 AM9/17/08
to infer...@googlegroups.com
thanks, that got it working.

Salva Peiró

Sep 17, 2008, 4:37:35 AM9/17/08
to infer...@googlegroups.com

i've noticed that some of the games where running slow:
like wm/mand, wm/snake and wm/bounce, i've added some fixes
that improve the performance of screen graphics and r4ds reads.

There's still an open issue as to update the fb at the correct time,
it should be done in vblank period but still i haven't got it rigth,
so the fix is to disable it because this slows down things:

/* sync with vblank period: 192 < vcount < 261 */
- if (LCDREG->vcount - 192 > 1){
+ if (0 && LCDREG->vcount - 192 > 1){
while(LCDREG->vcount>192);
while(LCDREG->vcount<192);
}
--
salva

0001-fixes-ior4tf.c-LogicCardRead-and-screen.c-performan.patch

Salva Peiró

Oct 12, 2008, 12:26:00 PM10/12/08
to infer...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Salva Peiró <saore...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i've noticed that some of the games where running slow:
> like wm/mand, wm/snake and wm/bounce, i've added some fixes
> that improve the performance of screen graphics and r4ds reads.
>
> There's still an open issue as to update the fb at the correct time,
> it should be done in vblank period but still i haven't got it rigth,
> so the fix is to disable it because this slows down things:
>
> /* sync with vblank period: 192 < vcount < 261 */
> - if (LCDREG->vcount - 192 > 1){
> + if (0 && LCDREG->vcount - 192 > 1){
> while(LCDREG->vcount>192);
> while(LCDREG->vcount<192);
> }
> --
> salva

i've pushed the r4 and screen fixes to the repo [r175]
together with it's corresponding download [isds-r175].

[r175] http://code.google.com/p/inferno-ds/source/detail?r=175
[isds-r175] http://inferno-ds.googlecode.com/files/isds-r175.nds
--
salva