[ Control Files performance issue as per showed on man page ]

networkbrain20

Apr 11, 2014, 5:57:11 AM4/11/14
to indi...@googlegroups.com

concurrencyremote -  Maximum number of simultaneous remote delivery attempts.  Default: 20.  If 0, remote deliveries will be put on hold.  concurrencyremote  is
            limited at compile time to 500.

> when I did setup as zero value . It is still storing and processing queue for out going mails.

holdremote  -  A boolean parameter indicating whether mail for remote hosts should be queued without delivery.  Zero indicates  delivery  as  normal;  any
            other  value causes remote mail to be held.  This is provided to permit use of qmail in a dial-up environment when the remote delivery path
            may not always be available, as an alternative to the use of serialmail.  Default: zero

> When set to 100. not performing email on hold .

 envheaders    If this control file exists, qmail-queue passes all headers listed in the control file to the queue along with the value. qmail-local and
              qmail-remote will set environment variables corresponding to the headers with the values. An optional length, separated by a ’:’, can  be
              appended  to the name of the header. If length is specified, the environment variable will be set only if the actual length of the header
              value is less than or equal to this value. This will prevent emails with extra long headers or malicious headers to exploit memory  allo-
              cation on the system. The environment variable ENVHEADERS can be set to use a different name for this control file.

> I have added few test headers but not showing into email which was sent.

All help will be appreciated .

Thanks

Manvendra Bhangui

Apr 15, 2014, 1:47:02 AM4/15/14
to indimail
On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 3:27 PM, networkbrain20 <network...@gmail.com> wrote:

concurrencyremote -  Maximum number of simultaneous remote delivery attempts.  Default: 20.  If 0, remote deliveries will be put on hold.  concurrencyremote  is
            limited at compile time to 500.

> when I did setup as zero value . It is still storing and processing queue for out going mails.

holdremote  -  A boolean parameter indicating whether mail for remote hosts should be queued without delivery.  Zero indicates  delivery  as  normal;  any
            other  value causes remote mail to be held.  This is provided to permit use of qmail in a dial-up environment when the remote delivery path
            may not always be available, as an alternative to the use of serialmail.  Default: zero

> When set to 100. not performing email on hold .

You need to do svc -h /service/qmail-send.25

 envheaders    If this control file exists, qmail-queue passes all headers listed in the control file to the queue along with the value. qmail-local and
              qmail-remote will set environment variables corresponding to the headers with the values. An optional length, separated by a ’:’, can  be
              appended  to the name of the header. If length is specified, the environment variable will be set only if the actual length of the header
              value is less than or equal to this value. This will prevent emails with extra long headers or malicious headers to exploit memory  allo-
              cation on the system. The environment variable ENVHEADERS can be set to use a different name for this control file.

> I have added few test headers but not showing into email which was sent.

envheaders will only make the environment variables available to qmail-local, qmail-remote. If you want to add a header to outgoing email, you need to write a filter. If you put Reply-To in envheaders e.g.

#!/bin/sh
echo MyHeader-Value: $Reply-To
/bin/cat