[Indimail-support] SquirrelMail on IndiMail 2.x and (CentOS 7)

gl...@remstedt.org

Mar 18, 2017, 8:11:56 AM3/18/17
to indimail...@lists.sourceforge.net
hello All,

* I'm new to this 'list'.

* Are here anyone who can give a input on howto/notes for to install
'webmail' like 'Squirrelmail' on IndiMail 2.x and (CentOS 7).

* or RoundCube ...

-- -
tnx.
glenn r.

Manvendra Bhangui

Mar 18, 2017, 10:43:13 AM3/18/17
to Glenn Remstedt, indimail...@lists.sourceforge.net
On 18 March 2017 at 16:59, <gl...@remstedt.org> wrote:
> hello All,
>

> * I'm new to this 'list'.
>
> * Are here anyone who can give a input on howto/notes for to install
> 'webmail' like 'Squirrelmail' on IndiMail 2.x and (CentOS 7).
>
> * or RoundCube ...

Install roundcube rpm and follow steps as given here
http://www.tecmint.com/install-and-configure-roundcube-webmail-for-postfix-mail-server/

# yum -y install roundcubemail
# yum -y install php-mysqlnd

edit /etc/roundcube/config.inc.php (after copying config.inc.php.sample)
Here is the diff
diff config.inc.php.sample config.inc.php
28c28
< $config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://roundcube:pass@localhost/roundcubemail';
---
> $config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://roundcube:subscribed@localhost/RoundCube_db';
52c52
< $config['smtp_server'] = '';
---
> $config['smtp_server'] = 'localhost';
56c56
< $config['smtp_port'] = 25;
---
> $config['smtp_port'] = 587;
60c60
< $config['smtp_user'] = '';
---
> $config['smtp_user'] = '%u';
64c64
< $config['smtp_pass'] = '';
---
> $config['smtp_pass'] = '%p';

in mysql create db RoundCube_db, user roundcube with all access to RoundCube_db

mysql -u mysql -p
mysql> CREATE DATABASE RoundCube_db;
mysql> Create user 'roundcube' identified by 'some_password';
mysql> grant all privileges on RoundCube_db.* to roundcube;
mysql> flush privileges;
mysql> quit;

Initialize roundcube db

mysql -u mysql -p RoundCube_db < /usr/share/roundcubemail/SQL/mysql.initial.sql

I also edited /etc/roundcube/defaults.inc.php

php mysql for some strange reason uses /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock and I
have not figured out where to configure this socket. So as a shortcut
i did the following

# cd /var/lib/mysql
# ln -s /var/lib/mysqld/mysqld.sock mysql.com
# service httpd restart

I used chrome browser on http://127.0.0.1/roundcubemail

and I am able to read and send emails

Manvendra Bhangui

Mar 18, 2017, 1:05:00 PM3/18/17
On 18 March 2017 at 20:13, Manvendra Bhangui <mbha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> php mysql for some strange reason uses /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock and I
> have not figured out where to configure this socket. So as a shortcut
> i did the following
>
> # cd /var/lib/mysql
> # ln -s /var/lib/mysqld/mysqld.sock mysql.com

Some typo here. It should have been ln -s /var/lib/mysqld/mysql.sock mysql.sock
> # service httpd restart

I figured out the issue with php mysql. It uses /etc/php.ini. Just
have the following
/etc/php.ini
pdo_mysql.default_socket= /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

So I was able to setup roundcube using the instructions from the link
I gave earlier.
The only thing that did not work initially was the db connection to MySQL which
got fixed by creating the link and later I found that by making the above change
to php.in, the soft link for mysql.sock is not needed.