[Indimail-support] Ezmlm support

Fabian A. Santiago

Mar 21, 2017, 7:54:05 PM3/21/17
to indimail...@lists.sourceforge.net
Yes / no?

--
Thanks.
Fabian S.

Manvendra Bhangui

Mar 21, 2017, 11:18:54 PM3/21/17
to Fabian A. Santiago, indimail...@lists.sourceforge.net
On 22 March 2017 at 05:23, Fabian A. Santiago
<fsan...@garbage-juice.com> wrote:
> Yes / no?

Short answer: Never tried it. Don't know how it works.
Long answer: It should work. For any software to work with email it
requires two things.

1) Ability to inject emails in the queue.
a) if it uses sendmail/qmail-inject, it will work without modification.
e.g. The unix mail command uses sendmail and it works out-of-the-box
b) If it uses qmail-queue, all you need is to create a shell script to set
env variables QUEUE_BASE, QUEUE_START, QUEUE_COUNT
and call qmail-multi. e.g.
#!/bin/sh
exec envdir /var/indimail/control/defaultqueue /usr/bin/qmail-queue

2) Ability to receive emails
Since ezmlm works with qmail, it must be using qmail-newu
to create entries in /var/qmail/users, /var/qmail/cdb. Or it may be using
alias mechanism to receive emails in particular Maildirs.

I am a NOOB when it comes to mailing lists and ezmlm. But it's never
late to learn :)
Why don't you try it? I can work with you and document the process and
make it work

--
Regards Manvendra - http://www.indimail.org
GPG Pub Key

Manvendra Bhangui

Mar 22, 2017, 3:30:26 AM3/22/17
to Fabian A. Santiago, indimail...@lists.sourceforge.net
On 22 March 2017 at 05:23, Fabian A. Santiago
<fsan...@garbage-juice.com> wrote:
> Yes / no?

YES

1. Download
wget

Manvendra Bhangui

Mar 22, 2017, 3:36:45 AM3/22/17
to Fabian A. Santiago, indimail...@lists.sourceforge.net
On 22 March 2017 at 05:23, Fabian A. Santiago
<fsan...@garbage-juice.com> wrote:
> Yes / no?

Ignore previous message. Got sent by mistake before completing it.
Patch for ezmlm-idx is enclosed in this email. It creates ezmlm-queue in
/var/indimail/bin directory. This will be called by ezmlm to inject emails into
indimail's queue

1) cd $HOME/Downloads

2) Download ezmlm-idx-7.2.2.tar.gz
$ wget https://untroubled.org/ezmlm/archive/7.2.2/ezmlm-idx-7.2.2.tar.gz
$ tar xvfz ezmlm-idx-7.22.tar.gz

3) Apply patch ezmlm-idx-7.2.2.patch.gz
$ gunzip -c ezmlm-idx-722.patch | patch -p0
$ cd ezmlm-idx-7.22
$ make
$ sudo make install

4. I hope you know how to use ezmlm. Use it and let me know
ezmlm-idx-7.2.2.patch.gz