Indimail Fail Over Configuration Help

Mohan L

Feb 19, 2014, 2:11:41 AM2/19/14
to indi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manny,

I hope you are doing good!

I have two Indimail Servers MailServer1, MailServer2. MailServer1 acts as a SMTP server to receive all mails and does local mail delivery. There is a PHP Based Web Service which read mails from MailServer1 and does pre-processing and creates ticket in internal ticketing system.

Now we want to synchronize two servers MailServer1 as Primary mail server and MailServer2 as secondary mail server. When the first(MailServer1) goes down then the email will be received by secondary mail server.

does it solves puting MailServer2 hostname in "rcpthosts" file?

what are the other possible solution for this?

It will be very helpful for me if you give some pointer where I can read and understand internal working of fail over configuration.

Thanks for your time.

Mohan L

Cprogrammer

Feb 19, 2014, 2:44:50 AM2/19/14
to indi...@googlegroups.com
Easiest is to put the storage on a shared storage, so that IMAP can work on both the servers.
The other solution is to duplicate the emails to both the boxes by modifying .qmail-default