[Indimail-support] Problem: Indimail installation with MariaDB

Tobias Schmidt

Sep 14, 2014, 12:47:51 PM9/14/14
to indimail...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Manvendra,

i’m installing the current Indimail version on my Ubuntu 14.04 server. But on that server, i have replaced mysql with mariadb. So i just installed and configured the package „mariadb-server“. Now the problem is, that indimail is searching for the package „mysql-server“. What i have to do, that indimail will continue installing with mariadb?

Regards
Tobias

Manvendra Bhangui

Sep 14, 2014, 11:12:45 PM9/14/14
to Tobias Schmidt, indimail...@lists.sourceforge.net
On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 9:50 PM, Tobias Schmidt <tobias....@intermail.de> wrote:
Hi Manvendra,

i’m installing the current Indimail version on my Ubuntu 14.04 server. But on that server, i have replaced mysql with mariadb. So i just installed and configured the package „mariadb-server“. Now the problem is, that indimail is searching for the package „mysql-server“. What i have to do, that indimail will continue installing with mariadb?

There should be an option in dpkg -i or apt-get to ignore dependencies. I will have to check this out. The other option is to build a debian version for mariadb server. In source directory, there is a debian subdirectory. In that you will find a file
control.Ubuntu.14.03. The following line will have to be changed

Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}, mysql-server,libmysqlclient18,libmysqlclient-dev

I am not sure if there is any way to build a debian package which either requires mysql-server or mardiadb-server depending on which package has been installed.

--
Regards Manvendra - http://www.indimail.org

Tobias Schmidt

Sep 15, 2014, 8:23:45 AM9/15/14
to Manvendra Bhangui, indimail...@lists.sourceforge.net
Am 15.09.2014 um 05:12 schrieb Manvendra Bhangui <mbha...@gmail.com>:

> The other option is to build a debian version for mariadb server. In source directory, there is a debian subdirectory. In that you will find a file
> control.Ubuntu.14.04. The following line will have to be changed
>
> Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}, mysql-server,libmysqlclient18,libmysqlclient-dev

Hi Manvendra,

that works for me. Thank you!