event id:11, 129, QL2300 , driver detected a controller error

राजीव माहुरा

Dec 1, 2009, 3:59:51 AM12/1/09
to sup...@qlogic.com
Hi Qlogic Team,

i am using windows server 2003 sp2 and two QLA2340 FC adapters,
i have connected EMC storage box,

for a couple of months i am getting one error with event id :129, shows source:ql2300
on devices\raidport0

this error is very frequent and my server goes unresponsive and we have to reboot the server forcefully,

i have updated the Qlogic, Latest, firmware, Driver:9.1.7.17, bios:1.45,

i also updated the Microsoft Storport Driver and some more Hotfixes from microsoft. but still same problem,

this error is still coming,

can you please suggest me the better solution for this.

-Regards-
Rajeev Mahura

Rajeev Mahura

Mar 20, 2012, 6:46:34 AM3/20/12
to madjx, Blog.VirtualEngineer, Groups.India Tech Center, Groups.Doeacc Forum
Hi There,

Thanks for your mail..

yes i found a solution of this...

this was due to the bottleneck in the network i tried reducing the execution throttle value in the Qlogic SAN Surfer and monitored for a week.

the frequency of the error reduced drastically and my server did not hang again.

Cheers !!!

-Regards-
Rajeev Mahura
Enough with Social Networking...Now Its time for Social Investment. join http://rangde.org and be the Reason.

2012/3/20 madjx <marie.pe...@gmail.com>
Hello Rajeev Mahura,

  It seems, I have, for some month, the same problem.

  I do not find any cause for my servers to hang. Hardware update and
call to Microsoft Support does not give me a solution.

  Have you find a solution in your case ?

Thanks for any help, if you can...