FOR VALIDATION Viola betonicifolia :: Baba Budangiri :: 14 NOV 2016 :: DVDEC67

Dinesh Valke

Dec 10, 2016, 8:23:18 AM12/10/16
to efloraofindia

Baba Budangiri
Baba Budangiri Karnataka
Date: 14 NOV 2016 ... Altitude: ~ 1733 - 1895 m ( 5686 - 6217 ft) asl

Viola ¿ betonicifolia ? ... (family: Violaaceae)
Dear friends,
Please validate the ID; referred TSP ji's post with Prashant's comment; and further Viola betonicifolia page at eFI.
Viola ¿ betonicifolia ?

Viola ¿ betonicifolia ?

Viola ¿ betonicifolia ?

Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Dec 10, 2016, 9:09:34 AM12/10/16
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia

Thanks,  Dinesh ji. Pl.  Also See comparative images in EFI site.

Dinesh Valke

Dec 10, 2016, 9:20:18 AM12/10/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks Garg ji; I have seen the Viola page too. I am almost sure the posted plant must be Viola betonicifolia.
Will wait for the ID to get seconded.
Regards.
Dinesh.

J.M. Garg

Dec 10, 2016, 10:21:55 AM12/10/16
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia

Thanks,  Dinesh ji

tsp kumar

Dec 11, 2016, 9:05:23 AM12/11/16
to J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dear Dineshji.
I had come across this one @ Bababudangiri during Aug-2015-Identified as V.betonicifolia
regards

Dinesh Valke

Dec 11, 2016, 9:17:02 AM12/11/16
to tsp kumar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you very very much TSP ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 11, 2016, 10:33:24 AM12/11/16
to Dinesh Valke, tsp kumar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

Dinesh Valke

Dec 11, 2016, 10:47:25 AM12/11/16
to Gurcharan Singh, tsp kumar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Gurcharan ji.
I too strongly think this to be V. betonicifolia.
The "arrowhead" leaf (seen in first photo), I think is a good characteristic for this species.
Regards.
Dinesh