Wild Herb ID please :: 19-Feb-2012 :: SK :: Hooghly, WB

surajit koley

Feb 18, 2012, 8:48:16 PM2/18/12
to efloraofindia
Sir,

It is a wild herb found inside an uncultivated area. There were many of them but all were confined to a small place only.
I thought it is *Acmella ciliata*, but the images available in the net feature difference in leaf blade.

Date/Time- 12-Feb-2012 & 14-Feb-2012
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Nalikul, Hooghly, WB (lat 22.830459346159003, lon 88.16768646240234)
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Wild
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Herb, creeper
Height/Length- about 8 to 10 iinches
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-
Inflorescence Type/ Size- simple, about 2 cm to 3 cm (but i didn't have any measuring tape with me)
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- small button sized
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- NA

Thank you & Regards,

Surajit Koley
unknown_2012Feb14_01.jpg
unknown_2012Feb14_02.jpg
unknown_2012Feb14_03.jpg
unknown_2012Feb14_04.jpg
unknown_2012Feb14_05.jpg

Giby Kuriakose

Feb 19, 2012, 1:35:23 AM2/19/12
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
Please check Acmella uliginosa of Asteraceae famiyly.

Regards
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

surajit koley

Feb 19, 2012, 1:38:22 AM2/19/12
to efloraofindia
Sir,

I apologize for misleading you.
1) The leaf size of the plant is 40mm from base to apex of the leaf-blade, and with 13.5 mm width at the middle.
2) The diameter of the flower is about 7mm.

Regards,

Surajit Koley

Tanay Bose

Feb 19, 2012, 1:38:22 AM2/19/12
to Giby Kuriakose, surajit koley, efloraofindia
Yes Acmella uliginosa
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Research & Teaching Assistant.

surajit koley

Feb 19, 2012, 1:41:34 AM2/19/12
to Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia
Thank you Sir

Regards,

Surajit Koley

surajit koley

Feb 19, 2012, 1:42:16 AM2/19/12
to Tanay Bose, Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia
Thank you Sir for confirming the ID

Regards,

Surajit Koley