Fwd: [efloraofindia:90810] SHRUB ID......31.10.2011...........S.S............52

jmgarg1

May 13, 2012, 12:41:26 PM5/13/12
to efloraofindia, tanay...@gmail.com, ulu_bo...@yahoo.co.in, mitra...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pch...@gmail.com, pauls...@gmail.com, micromi...@gmail.com, subh...@yahoo.com, apda...@gmail.com, pamyn...@gmail.com, surajit koley, Silver Surfer

May 13, 2012, 2:27:19 PM5/13/12
to jmgarg1, efloraofindia
Sir,

I searched to my capacity, capacity of a beginner, and found this maybe some member of Caprifoliaceae, barring colour the fruits look like the one at -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Leycesteria_formosa1.jpg

Thank you & Regards,

Surajit Koley

jmgarg1

May 13, 2012, 11:07:05 PM5/13/12
to efloraofindia, tanay...@gmail.com, ulu_bo...@yahoo.co.in, mitra...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pch...@gmail.com, pauls...@gmail.com, micromi...@gmail.com, subh...@yahoo.com, apda...@gmail.com, pamyn...@gmail.com, surajit koley, Silver Surfer
A reply:
"It is Leycesteria formosa of Caprifoliaceae. It is very common in Neora Velley National Park, may be around Aluabari and upto Jopokhri at the top.
PROF. A. P. DAS"

Thanks, Prof. Das.

Plantaholic Sheila

May 14, 2012, 5:59:13 AM5/14/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com, tanay...@gmail.com, ulu_bo...@yahoo.co.in, mitra...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pch...@gmail.com, pauls...@gmail.com, micromi...@gmail.com, subh...@yahoo.com, apda...@gmail.com, pamyn...@gmail.com, surajit koley, Silver Surfer
Thank you so much JM.Garg for bumping my post to the top.
Love the new site!

I have received an e mail in reply...

"It is Leycesteria formosa of Caprifoliaceae. It is very common in Neora Velley National Park, may be around Aluabari and upto Jopokhri at the top.
PROF. A. P. DAS"
Thanks, Prof. Das.

================
For which I would like to thank Prof Das.
However... Leycestria formosana is a very common shrub in UK. I have never seen it without the bigpuple coloured bracts that come with the flowers and remain on the plant with the berries.

Does it do something very different in Nepal?

Help experts.
Warmest wishes from UK to you all.
Sheila.

J.M. Garg

Sep 30, 2016, 6:06:50 AM9/30/16
to efloraofindia, Plantaholic Sheila
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

052 15-04-2011 11-52-30.JPG
052 15-04-2011 11-53-09.JPG
052 15-04-2011 11-55-05.JPG
052 15-04-2011 11-55-31.JPG