Argyreia involucrata (Convolvulaceae)

Sushant More

Oct 19, 2017, 6:34:22 PM10/19/17
to efloraofindia
Argyreia involucrata (Convolvulaceae)

2017 October 1,(आजरा) Aajara, Kolhapur, Maharashtra

A large twiner; stems
clothed with appressed
hairs.Leaves 4-7 by 11-31 in., ovate, acute or acuminate, glabrous or nearlyso above, sparselyhairy
beneath, base rounded or shallowly cordate(rarely subrhomboid);mainnerves 8-10pairs, conspicuous beneath;petioles 1-2|in. long, usually hairy.Flowersin subcapitate cymes; peduncles |-3 in. long, hairy
;bracts very variable, usuallyI-I5in. long(iu an extreme case 2k by 1 in.), oblong-lanceolate, acute, veined, thin,
tlat, sparsely hairy, the inner narrower than the outer.Sepals in flower unequal, the 2 outer exceeding| iu. long, ovate-lanceolate, acuminate,hairy and with ciliate margins, the 3 inner |in. long, rather broader than the outer,ovate, acute,hairy on the back and with glabrous membranous margins.Corolla 2 in. long, tubular-infundibuliform; the bands hairy
; tube glabrous within the calyx, sparsely hairy qith longhairs beyond it lobes of limb short,acute,with penicillate tips.
Filaments Iiairy at the base.
Fruit^in. in diam., globose.(Identified by the description of Flora of presidency of Bombay)

--
Sushant More
Student

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
SSM 32(Blat).jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 21, 2017, 1:29:09 AM10/21/17
to Sushant More, efloraofindia
Superb presentation,  Sushant ji.

Sushant More

Oct 21, 2017, 1:33:25 PM10/21/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Mistake here i want to tell here given specimen by me is Of Argyreia pilosa will post it again wrongly identified by me as argyreia involucrata
--
Sushant More
Student

J.M. Garg

Oct 21, 2017, 1:52:53 PM10/21/17
to Sushant More, efloraofindia
Thanks, Sushant ji.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Oct 31, 2017, 4:25:22 AM10/31/17
to efloraofindia, Sushant More
To me appears more closer to images at Argyreia hirsuta Wight & Arn. as per comparative images at Argyreia

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
SSM 32(Blat).jpg

J.M. Garg

Jan 10, 2018, 7:50:16 AM1/10/18
to efloraofindia, Sushant More, Lalithamba Avadhanam
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
SSM 32(Blat).jpg

Lalithamba Avadhanam

Jan 10, 2018, 8:13:58 AM1/10/18
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sushant More
Yes I agree with Gargji; It is Argyreia pilosa only
A.Lalithamba

J.M. Garg

Sep 24, 2019, 1:37:16 AM9/24/19
to efloraofindia, Sushant More, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Jul 1, 2020, 5:23:02 AM7/1/20
to efloraofindia, Sushant More