Royal White from Hooghly

surajit koley

May 13, 2012, 3:25:47 AM5/13/12
to efloraofindia
Sir / Madam,

Captured these images yesterday at Dhaniakhali, Hooghly. A local resident cultivated this species for commercial use in a roadside marsh.

Species : Nelumbo nucifera var. alba ?
Habit & Habitat : aquatic plant, cultivated species
Date : 12-05-2012, 03.05 p.m.
Place : near Shibaichandi Rly. Stn. (Dhaniakhali, Hooghly)

Thank you & Regards,

Surajit Koley
DSCN4040.jpg
DSCN4011.jpg
DSCN4014.jpg
DSCN4015.jpg
DSCN4018.jpg
DSCN4022.jpg
DSCN4024.jpg
DSCN4026.jpg

Balkar Singh

May 13, 2012, 5:25:57 AM5/13/12
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
Wonderful Catch Surajit Ji
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

ushadi Micromini

May 13, 2012, 8:40:45 AM5/13/12
to Balkar Singh, surajit koley, efloraofindia
very nice
I am glad he planted some beautiful and useful flowering plant
do you know him...
did he disperse seeds or the rootlets ( or whatever they are known as)
Usha di
====
--
Usha di
===========

surajit koley

May 13, 2012, 12:33:31 PM5/13/12
to Balkar Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you very much, Balkar Sir, it was the first time i saw lotus in its natural habitat.

Regards,

surajit

surajit koley

May 13, 2012, 12:34:31 PM5/13/12
to ushadi Micromini, Balkar Singh, efloraofindia
Usha Di,

Dhaniakhali is about 25 km NW to my place and i don't know the person who grows these flowers. My colleague Arnab Bandyopadhyay gave me the news and i made a visit there after my school.

There was a signboard showing contact number of the person, i didn't record it, but if you need it please drop me a line and i will obtain the same within a week.

Regards,

surajit

Prashant Awale

May 14, 2012, 3:14:04 AM5/14/12
to surajit koley, ushadi Micromini, Balkar Singh, efloraofindia
Nice set of photographs Surajit ji.
Regards
Prashant

Mahadeswara

May 14, 2012, 8:34:43 AM5/14/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Awesome photographs & depiction.

surajit koley

May 14, 2012, 1:43:01 PM5/14/12
to Prashant Awale, ushadi Micromini, Balkar Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Prashant Ji for appreciating, i wish to visit the place one more time and that visit would be in morning so that i can share you morning fresh lotus.

Regards,

surajit

surajit koley

May 14, 2012, 1:44:29 PM5/14/12
to Mahadeswara, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much Mahadeswara Ji, next time i will try to upload morning fresh lotus.

Regards,

surajit