[efloraofindia:35137] Phyllanthus fraternus and P. amarus---------------P. fraternus????

Gurcharan Singh

May 18, 2010, 4:42:19 AM5/18/10
to efloraofindia
These are the photographs of plant flowering now (as compared to P. amarus flowering in Nov.-Dec). Frankly this looks different from poster uploaded by Vijayasankar ji in which leaves are narrowed towards base. The plant grows at the same place where I had photographed P. amarus. The plant looks essentially similar, with somewhat broader leaves, lower axils with male flowers and upper with female flowers. All flowers have 6 perianth. I am not very sure about its identity, but the arrangement of flowers and number of perianth are hard to ignore.

Kindly compare the two sets and help me in resolving the issue.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Phyllanthus-fraternus-Delhi-1.jpg
Phyllanthus-fraternus-Delhi-2.jpg
Phyllanthus-fraternus-Delhi-3.jpg
Phyllanthus-fraternus-Delhi-4.jpg
Phyllanthus-fraternus-Delhi-5.jpg

tanay bose

May 18, 2010, 8:24:25 AM5/18/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks Sirji for the sharing the photographs and details
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Balkar Arya

May 18, 2010, 12:08:07 PM5/18/10
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Gurcharan Ji
now i am able to know which sp of Phyllanthus is growing in my college
Thanks a lot

Regards

--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat

Gurcharan Singh

May 18, 2010, 10:48:16 PM5/18/10
to Balkar Arya, Dinesh Valke, tanay bose, efloraofindia
Here it is Dinesh ji, the poster uploaded earlier by Vijayasankar ji.

--

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 9:38 PM, Balkar Arya <balka...@gmail.com> wrote:
Gurcharan Ji
now i am able to know which sp of Phyllanthus is growing in my college
Thanks a lot

Regards

--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Phyllanthus+complex_FRLHT.jpg

tanay bose

May 18, 2010, 11:04:42 PM5/18/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Great Poster I am saving it Will require it later ha ha ha
Tanay
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Dinesh Valke

May 19, 2010, 12:56:30 AM5/19/10
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Gurcharan ji, ... thank you very much for retrieving the copy of Vijayasankar ji's valuable Phyllanthus species information.
Have uploaded it to our group's File section at http://indiantreepix.googlegroups.com/web/Phyllanthus_complex_FRLHT.jpg?hl=en
... now it should become easy for reference.

Regards.

R. Vijayasankar

May 19, 2010, 1:05:38 AM5/19/10
to Dinesh Valke, tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Main credit for the Phyllanthus poster goes to Dr.Murugan, FRLHT. Me and Dr.Ravikumar have just contributed for that.

With regards

R. Vijayasankar

Dr Santhosh Kumar

May 19, 2010, 4:25:58 AM5/19/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Sir,

Your plant is Phyllanthus fraternus, a common plant in Kerala too.

Santhosh

--
SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar

Pankaj Oudhia

May 19, 2010, 9:47:54 AM5/19/10
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

May 19, 2010, 10:05:06 AM5/19/10
to Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Yes Pankaj ji
Seems to be a good paper, but you need to purchase access, or institutional access.