cluster of buds FOR ID :: Bhagamandala - Thalacauvery Road :: 22 FEB 2017

Dinesh Valke

Mar 6, 2017, 1:25:02 PM3/6/17
to efloraofindia

Bhagamandala - Thalacauvery Road
Bhagamandala - Thalacauvery Road Karnataka
Date: 22 FEB 2017 ... Altitude range: ~ 907 - 1122 m (2976 - 3683 ft) asl

ID please ... (family: ¿ Acanthaceae?)
Dear friends,
I have no idea of these buds; they are about 4 - 5 cm long. Will be glad to know ID to genus level, if photos provide any clues.
... some Acanthaceae ?

... some Acanthaceae ?

Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Mar 6, 2017, 11:17:31 PM3/6/17
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Nice images.

J.M. Garg

Mar 13, 2017, 11:47:12 AM3/13/17
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Pl. try comparative images at Acanthaceae

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

J.M. Garg

Mar 23, 2017, 2:25:21 AM3/23/17
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
Dyschoriste species (pl. see the comparative images) ?

Dinesh Valke

Mar 23, 2017, 2:43:48 AM3/23/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks Garg ji, I think the flowers of posted plant are comparatively much larger than those of Dyschoriste.
Let us hope to get clue from who have seen this kind of sight often. I will be glad to get just genus ID.
Regards.
Dinesh

Vijayasankar Raman

Mar 23, 2017, 5:49:48 PM3/23/17
to Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dinesh ji,
Those are fruit pods (covered by persistent calyx) of Barleria involucrata var. elata. You have already captured the beautiful flowers!

Vijayasankar

J.M. Garg

Mar 23, 2017, 11:34:40 PM3/23/17
to Vijayasankar Raman, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot,  Vijayasankar ji

Dinesh Valke

Mar 23, 2017, 11:48:17 PM3/23/17
to Vijayasankar Raman, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you very very much Vijayasankar ji for this ID !!!
Regards.
Dinesh