Fwd: Photo from Buxa Tiger Reserve for Id

J.M. Garg

Jan 25, 2012, 10:58:08 AM1/25/12
to efloraofindia, Mithilesh K. Pathak, Gurcharan Singh

Forwarding again for assistance please.

Jan 25, 2012, 11:00:22 AM1/25/12
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Mithilesh K. Pathak, Gurcharan Singh
Please upload if you have any picture of leaves and habit of the plant.
Please provide additional information about the plant that would help us to reach the correct species easily.

Regards
Giby4

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Prashant Awale

Jan 25, 2012, 11:07:50 AM1/25/12
to Giby Kuriakose, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Mithilesh K. Pathak, Gurcharan Singh
Yes, I agree with Giby ji. Further information will be helpful in reaching ID.

If i have to make a guess then my guess will be  " Hydrolea zeylanica", but its just a guess....

Regards
Prashant

Nidhan Singh

Jan 27, 2012, 1:59:41 AM1/27/12
to Prashant Awale, Giby Kuriakose, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Mithilesh K. Pathak, Gurcharan Singh
Yes I agree there should be more views of habit and leaves, even if I have to guess I would say, Hydrolea zeylanica.

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Giby Kuriakose

Jan 27, 2012, 2:04:32 AM1/27/12
to Mithilesh K. Pathak, Prashant Awale, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Nidhan Singh
I too think that the guesses made by Nidhan ji and Prashant ji is a possible id.
Expecting more information and/or pictures for confirmation

http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=200018929

Regards,
Giby

Prasad Dash

Jan 28, 2012, 1:25:29 AM1/28/12
to Giby Kuriakose, Mithilesh K. Pathak, Prashant Awale, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Nidhan Singh
I think the ID is correct.
--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Odisha, India