Leucas sp. from Assam KD 01 Aug, 2015

Karuna Das

Aug 4, 2015, 10:23:14 AM8/4/15
to indiantreepix

Dear All,

    Attached images may be Leucas lavandulifolia Sm. or  Leucas aspera (Willd.) Link. Please ID the plant.

Date :04.08.2015

Location: Assam

Family : Lamiaceae

Genus & species : Leucas sp.

Habitat: Grows wild on road side

Habit : Herb

With regards

Karuna Kanta Das

Guwahati 781012

Get your own FREE website, FREE domain & FREE mobile app with Company email.
Know More >
1._Leucas_sp._IMG_9274.jpg
2._Leucas_sp._IMG_9275.jpg
3._Leucas_sp._IMG_9276.jpg
4._Leucas_sp._IMG_9278.jpg
5._Leucas_sp._IMG_9283.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 8, 2015, 1:12:28 AM8/8/15
to efloraofindia, Karuna Kanta Das

Some earlier relevant feedback:

efi pages on Leucas lavandulifolia &  Leucas aspera

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

1._Leucas_sp._IMG_9274.jpg
2._Leucas_sp._IMG_9275.jpg
3._Leucas_sp._IMG_9276.jpg
4._Leucas_sp._IMG_9278.jpg
5._Leucas_sp._IMG_9283.jpg

surajit koley

Aug 8, 2015, 2:32:27 PM8/8/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Karuna Kanta Das
Very oblique non- hispid calyx teeth suggest this is Leucas lavandulifolia Sm.

Thank you
Regards
surajit koley
a non-botanist member of