Identification of Striga sp.

S Kasim .

Aug 21, 2015, 8:06:39 AM8/21/15
to efloraofindia
Dear All

Pl help me in identification of the attached Striga sp.
Observed in Puzhal, Chennai, Tamilnadu on 16-08-15
Erect, Leaves linear hairy obtuse tip. Flower singly on node and small in size (when compared to S.densiflora & S.angustifolia). Stem four angled and no branching.Corolla tube curved and corolla white in colour.

with regards.

--
S M Kasim
F1- 31, Thedral Nagar, 4th Street

J.M. Garg

Aug 27, 2015, 1:09:50 AM8/27/15
to efloraofindia, S Kasim .

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Striga species in eFloraofindia (with details/ keys from published papers/ regional floras/ FRLHT/ FOI/ Biotik/ efloras/ books etc., where ever available on net)

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Picture_Nikon _August 234_1.jpg
Picture_Nikon _August 233.jpg
Picture_Nikon _August 232.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 31, 2015, 3:45:00 AM8/31/15
to efloraofindia, S Kasim .

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Striga species in eFloraofindia (with details/ keys from published papers/ regional floras/ FRLHT/ FOI/ Biotik/ efloras/ books etc., where ever available on net)

Aug 31, 2015, 6:09:02 AM8/31/15
to efloraofindia, S Kasim .
Thanks, Kunhikannan ji.

May 2, 2020, 11:27:54 PM5/2/20
to efloraofindia, S Kasim .
Can it be Striga kamalii as per A new species of Striga section Polypleurae (Orobanchaceae) from southern Western Ghats of India (Abstract- A new species of Striga from Tamil Nadu parts of Western Ghats of India is described and illustrated as Striga kamalii sp. nov. The new species shows similarity with S. densiflora in having a densely hispid stem, linear leaves, bracts longer than calyx, and oblong fruit shorter than calyx lobes, but differs in the 10-ribbed calyx, the glandular hairs on calyx and corolla tube, and the obovate-rounded petals. A detailed description, with data on distribution and parasitism together with relevant taxonomic notes and colour photographs are provided.) ?

May 3, 2020, 5:20:50 AM5/3/20
to efloraofindia, S Kasim .
Hi, Kasim ji,
May I request you to pl. post suitable images.

Thanks, Prabhu Kumar ji.
Don't other features guide us in this matter ?

May 6, 2020, 7:27:27 AM5/6/20
to S Kasim ., efloraofindia
Hi, Kasim ji,
May I request you to pl. post suitable images as requested.

J.M. Garg

May 7, 2020, 8:03:14 AM5/7/20
to efloraofindia, S Kasim .
From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 at 14:50
To: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: S Kasim . <nasim...@gmail.com>

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 3, 2021, 11:31:34 AM3/3/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as  Striga kamalii ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 3, 2021, 11:32:54 AM3/3/21
to indiantreepix, S Kasim .
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as  Striga kamalii ?
Group discussion at

Mar 3, 2021, 11:52:37 AM3/3/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, S Kasim .
Can we ask one of the authors to provide images of the sp?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 6, 2021, 4:38:57 AM3/6/21
to J.M. Garg, S Kasim ., Gurcharan Singh, efloraindia
Dear Mr. Garg / Gurucharan Sir

Comparing images of flower and leaves I feel it is matching.
Your opinion please !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

From: Dr. Prabhukumar KM <prabhum...@gmail.com>