SK296JAN03-2016:ID

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 3, 2017, 12:57:34 PM1/3/17
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members,

Location: Kalinchowk, Dolakha, Nepal
Altitude: 110000 ft.
Date: 25 July 2014

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0056.JPG
DSC_0057.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jan 3, 2017, 11:23:29 PM1/3/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia

Thanks, Saroj ji

J.M. Garg

Jan 18, 2017, 1:13:01 AM1/18/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

DSC_0056.JPG
DSC_0057.JPG

Nidhan Singh

Jan 18, 2017, 6:19:24 AM1/18/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Not Ranunculus Garg Ji, any Potentilla....!!

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 18, 2017, 10:38:56 AM1/18/17
to Nidhan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes, Potentilla . Need ID

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jan 19, 2017, 11:29:53 PM1/19/17
to Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Thanks,  Nidhan ji

C CHADWELL

Jan 21, 2017, 7:22:11 PM1/21/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Not Ranunculus.   Appears to be a Potentilla - rather a lot of these.

Of the likely candidates, P.lineata (syn. P.fulgens) seems closest but I am
not sure as COULD be P.polyphylla.

The photos are really insufficient to be certain.  Please photograph the
foliage next time - close-ups and overall shots INCLUDING the undersides
are really important.

One cannot see if the leaves are interruptedly pinnate, with large and small leaflets
(which I THINK is the case) or regularly pinnate, without small leaflet IF this is the case,
then the specimen will NOT be P.lineata.

For the specimen to be P.lineata it needs to be appressed silvery whitish sericeous beneath.

IF leaflets are green beneath, pubescent but not silvery-white sericeous then it is likely to
be Potentilla polyphylla.

It does not march what I understand to be P.anserina.

Best Wishes,

Chris Chadwell

81 Parlaunt Road
SLOUGH
SL3 8BE
UK

I guess picture quality is not good and insufficient
for ID. Better next time .

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 12:03 AM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote: