Platostoma coloratum (D.Don) A.J.Paton (accepted name) ??

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 21, 2016, 11:31:57 AM11/21/16
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members,

Location: Pilot Baba Ashram, Bhaktapur , Nepal
Altitude:  5200 ft.
Date: 11 September 2016

Platostoma coloratum (D.Don) A.J.Paton (accepted name) ??
Geniosporum coloratum (D.Don) Kuntze (synonym)  ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
CSC_0853.JPG
CSC_0854.JPG
CSC_0855.JPG
DSC_0710.JPG
DSC_0711.JPG
DSC_0714.JPG
DSC_0715.JPG
DSC_0716.JPG
DSC_0717.JPG

J.M. Garg

Nov 21, 2016, 7:41:10 PM11/21/16
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia

Nice images.

J.M. Garg

Dec 2, 2016, 6:39:39 AM12/2/16
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

CSC_0853.JPG
CSC_0854.JPG
CSC_0855.JPG
DSC_0710.JPG
DSC_0711.JPG
DSC_0714.JPG
DSC_0715.JPG
DSC_0716.JPG
DSC_0717.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 2, 2016, 7:20:55 AM12/2/16
to J. M. Garg, efloraofindia

Thank you !

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 2, 2016, 11:52:29 AM12/2/16
to J. M. Garg, efloraofindia
Nepali Names :

वन बावरी Van Baawaree  / छाले सोइन Chhaale Soin / मोसी झार Mosi Jhaar / सेतो टाउके Seto Taauke / ठेउले Theule

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 16, 2017, 7:32:50 AM2/16/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Does not matches with illustration in FOC at

Feb 17, 2017, 12:57:39 PM2/17/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes Mr. Garg,  it is not the right ID.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Mar 10, 2017, 4:24:06 AM3/10/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Can it be from Ocimum or some other close genus.
CSC_0853.JPG
CSC_0854.JPG
CSC_0855.JPG
DSC_0710.JPG
DSC_0711.JPG
DSC_0714.JPG
DSC_0715.JPG
DSC_0716.JPG
DSC_0717.JPG

J.M. Garg

Mar 10, 2017, 4:54:15 AM3/10/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
A reply from Sampath ji:
"From the photos it seems to be Ocimeae group, but in labiatae based on photo it is difficult to identify even genus level as dissecting of flower is required for character verification, and most of the labiates morphologically similar with bilabiate corolla!!!! Sampath Kumar"

Thanks, Sampath Kumar ji.

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 26, 2017, 6:38:01 AM7/26/17
to J.M. Garg, V. Sampath Kumar, efloraofindia
ID still pending !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Aug 4, 2017, 10:10:16 AM8/4/17
to J. M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
It is some Ocimum species.
Leaves shown in last 2-3 photographs are of some different plant, may be Bidens species.

Regards

Anil Thakur

Aug 4, 2017, 10:11:22 AM8/4/17
to J. M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Leaves of Ocimum are also visible in the background.

J.M. Garg

Aug 14, 2017, 6:48:46 AM8/14/17
to Anil Thakur, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Anil ji.
I agree with you. That may be causing confusion in I'd.

Anil Thakur

Aug 14, 2017, 10:39:19 AM8/14/17
to J. M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Yes, Garg ji
Plant growing in the foreground is causing  confusion. The photographs of leaves  are only of the foreground plant.

Plant with Flowers is  Ocimum species.

Revards

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 15, 2017, 1:53:15 PM8/15/17
to Anil Thakur, V. Sampath Kumar, J. M. Garg, efloraofindia
I think confusion created because of leaves may be of
other plant entangled. Enclosing some images of other
plant shot at the same time same location.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0651.JPG
DSC_0652.JPG
DSC_0654.JPG
DSC_0655.JPG
DSC_0656.JPG
DSC_0658.JPG

V. Sampath Kumar

Aug 16, 2017, 12:42:44 AM8/16/17
to Saroj Kasaju, Anil Thakur, J. M. Garg, efloraofindia
From the flower characters it is of Ocimum species, I am afraid based on this photo species id could not be made.

Sampath Kumar

Thanks for not printing this e-mail unless you really need to

Mahadeswara

Aug 17, 2017, 3:02:54 AM8/17/17
to efloraofindia, kasaj...@gmail.com, aniltha...@gmail.com, jmg...@gmail.com, vsku...@rediffmail.com
Leaves also resemble some species of Hyptis. Also check for H.mutabilis.

J.M. Garg

Aug 17, 2017, 8:59:23 AM8/17/17
to M Swamy, V. Sampath Kumar, Anil Thakur, efloraofindia, kasaj...@gmail.com
Thanks, Mahadeswara ji.

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 17, 2017, 11:53:48 AM8/17/17
to J.M. Garg, M Swamy, V. Sampath Kumar, Anil Thakur, efloraofindia
Dear all,

Only Hyptis suaveolens (L.) Poit. is listed in Nepal.

As such I am skeptical about the ID .

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 14, 2021, 12:52:16 PM10/14/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Not Hyptis, some species of Ocimum only
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 14, 2021, 12:53:46 PM10/14/21
to indiantreepix, Saroj Kumar Kasaju
Forwarding for ID
Not Hyptis, some species of Ocimum only
Group discussion at
CSC_0853.JPG
CSC_0854.JPG
CSC_0855.JPG
DSC_0710.JPG
DSC_0711.JPG
DSC_0714.JPG
DSC_0715.JPG
DSC_0716.JPG
DSC_0717.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 14, 2021, 11:38:01 PM10/14/21
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, V. Sampath Kumar, Anil Thakur, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, indiantreepix
Ocimum basilicum L.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Oct 20, 2021, 11:25:39 AM10/20/21
to Saroj Kasaju, Gurcharan Singh, Anil Thakur, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, indiantreepix
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 20, 2021, 11:27:24 AM10/20/21
to J.M. Garg, Gurcharan Singh, Anil Thakur, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, indiantreepix

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju