ss 23MAY2017: Request for ID

Shiwalee Samant

May 23, 2017, 9:20:43 AM5/23/17
to efloraofindia
Dear members,

Please find attached the photos of a creeper which I found near my home(Charkop, Kandivali West, Mumbai- Maharashtra).
This creeper is not in abundance. But found at a particular place on the ground, This place is a semi-forest area.
The flowers are blooming in May and this creeper is fruiting also.

The flower looks similar to 'White Passion Flower'(Passiflora subpeltata)  but the leaves of this creeper look different from that of
White Passion Flower'(Passiflora subpeltata). Is this a variety of White Passion Flower'(Passiflora subpeltata) ?

Please help me ID this plant.

Location: Charkop, Kandivali West, Mumbai , Maharashtra
Date: 15-May-2017
Type of plant: Creeper( growing horizontally along the ground)
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Shiwalee Samant.
ss_15_May_2017_For_ID.jpg
ss1_15_May_2017_for_ID.jpg
ss_15_May_2017_fruit.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 23, 2017, 9:38:22 AM5/23/17
to Shiwalee Samant, efloraofindia
Pl. Check with Passiflora foetida

Shiwalee Samant

May 23, 2017, 10:13:00 AM5/23/17
to efloraofindia, shiw...@gmail.com
Thanks for the reply Sir, But In 'Passiflora foetida' , the flower has violet colour at the beginning part of the coronal filaments.
Whereas the flower in the photo is completely white.

Regards
Shiwalee Samant.

On 23 May 2017 6:50 p.m., "Shiwalee Samant" <shiw...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear members,

Please find attached the photos of a creeper which I found near my home(Charkop, Kandivali West, Mumbai- Maharashtra).
This creeper is not in abundance. But found at a particular place on the ground, This place is a semi-forest area.
The flowers are blooming in May and this creeper is fruiting also.

The flower looks similar to 'White Passion Flower'(Passiflora subpeltata)  but the leaves of this creeper look different from that of
White Passion Flower'(Passiflora subpeltata). Is this a variety of White Passion Flower'(Passiflora subpeltata) ?

Please help me ID this plant.

Location: Charkop, Kandivali West, Mumbai , Maharashtra

J.M. Garg

May 23, 2017, 10:37:49 AM5/23/17
to Shiwalee Samant, efloraofindia
I think it has completely white flowers also.  May I request you to pl. check it's images in efi site or on Google search to verify the fact, if other characters are matching.

Dinesh Valke

May 23, 2017, 10:38:50 AM5/23/17
to Shiwalee Samant, efloraofindia
To me too most of the plant looks like Passiflora foetida; not sure whether the central violet colour is sure feature.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

May 23, 2017, 10:46:16 AM5/23/17
to Dinesh Valke, Shiwalee Samant, efloraofindia
Thanks, Dinesh ji

Shiwalee Samant

May 23, 2017, 11:06:17 AM5/23/17
to efloraofindia, shiw...@gmail.com
Thanks Sir.

Regards
Shiwalee Samant.

Nidhan Singh

May 23, 2017, 12:25:01 PM5/23/17
to Shiwalee Samant, indiantreepix
Passiflora foetida...!!

J.M. Garg

May 23, 2017, 12:37:05 PM5/23/17
to Nidhan Singh, Shiwalee Samant, efloraofindia
Thanks, Nidhan ji