Plant for ID 2 SMP 9Jul 2010

Satish Phadke

Jul 9, 2010, 10:26:09 AM7/9/10
to indiantreepix
Some leaves were emerging from the cut stalk of the big tree on Mhatoba Tekdi near the temple.
The leaf is lobed.
Huge Size Max diameter around 3 feet (can be judged from the palm of the person holding it)
What tree can this be? Sterculia urens?The stalk was pale yellow coloured.
Dr Phadke

Satish Phadke

Jul 9, 2010, 10:26:46 AM7/9/10
to indiantreepix
DSCN9783s.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Jul 9, 2010, 10:29:34 AM7/9/10
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
... me too think so ... Sterculia urens.
Regards.

tanay bose

Jul 9, 2010, 10:36:52 AM7/9/10
to Dinesh Valke, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
The shape direct me to Sterculia urens indeed !!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Dinesh Valke

Nov 13, 2011, 8:51:34 AM11/13/11
to efloraofindia
POST resurfaced for seeking ID

Earlier relevant feedback:

... me too think so ... Sterculia urens.
Dinesh Valke

The shape direct me to Sterculia urens indeed !!
Tanay Bose

Regards.
Dinesh
DSCN9783s.jpg

vidyadhar ogale

Nov 13, 2011, 9:04:13 AM11/13/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
13/11/11
Could it be S. villosa ?
Dr.Ogale

ajinkya gadave

Nov 13, 2011, 9:13:41 AM11/13/11
to vidyadhar ogale, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Sterculia urens.