Alnus sp? ABAPR01/02

Ashwini Bhatia

Apr 18, 2016, 8:14:01 AM4/18/16
to efloraofindia
This is another tree in the same area as the Daphniphyllum. Today I photographed a couple of these trees and suspect them to be  Alnus sp. (Alnus nepalensis, perhaps). I did not see flower or fruit but I will keep an eye. Please advise.

Alnus sp.?
Above Dal Lake, Dharamshala, HP
1850m
18 April 2016.

Thanks.
Ashwini

Tapas Chakrabarty

Apr 18, 2016, 9:52:33 AM4/18/16
to Ashwini Bhatia, efloraofindia

Yes. Alnus as per my knowledge.

Ashwini Bhatia

Apr 18, 2016, 11:13:43 AM4/18/16
to Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Thank you once again.

Regards,
Ashwini

On Apr 18, 2016 5:44 PM, "Ashwini Bhatia" <ash...@ashwinibhatia.com> wrote:
This is another tree in the same area as the Daphniphyllum. Today I photographed a couple of these trees and suspect them to be  Alnus sp. (Alnus nepalensis, perhaps). I did not see flower or fruit but I will keep an eye. Please advise.

Alnus sp.?
Above Dal Lake, Dharamshala, HP
1850m
18 April 2016.

Thanks.
Ashwini

<_MG_5904_18Apr2016.jpg>
<_MG_6138_18Apr2016.jpg><_MG_6140_18Apr2016.jpg>
<_MG_5889_18Apr2016.jpg><_MG_5890_18Apr2016.jpg><_MG_5897_18Apr2016.jpg><_MG_5903_18Apr2016.jpg>

Ushadi Micromini

Apr 18, 2016, 1:00:25 PM4/18/16
to Ashwini Bhatia, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
the typical reddish/brownish bark with small dots and dash remind
 me of Alder tree.
is that the same?

these red twigs (from further up the tree ) are a favoutire of high end florists for
avant garde decorations , alsmost stark and graphic...

usha di
--
Usha di
===========

J.M. Garg

Apr 22, 2016, 7:58:48 AM4/22/16
to efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia, Tapas Chakrabarty, Ushadi Micromini

Forwarding again for Id confirmation or  otherwise please.

Some earlier relevant  feedback:

Yes. Alnus as per my knowledge.- from Tapas ji

the typical reddish/brownish bark with small dots and dash remind me of Alder tree.
is that the same?
these red twigs (from further up the tree ) are a favoutire of high end florists for
avant garde decorations , alsmost stark and graphic...

usha di

Alnus species in eFloraofindia (with details/ keys from published papers/ regional floras/ FRLHT/ FOI/ Biotik/ efloras/ books etc., where ever available on net)

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

J.M. Garg

Apr 22, 2016, 9:00:43 AM4/22/16
to efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia
Thanks, Nick ji.

Yes definitely Alnus, but could be one of two species I think.

Best
Nick Macer

J.M. Garg

Apr 25, 2016, 8:44:09 AM4/25/16
to efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia
Thanks, Chandra ji.

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 14:30:48 +0530 "J.M. Garg" wrote
>Forwarding again for Id confirmation or  otherwise please.Some earlier relevant  feedback: Yes. Alnus as per my knowledge.- from Tapas ji                                          the typical reddish/brownish bark with small dots and dash remind me of Alder tree.

is that the same?
these red twigs (from further up the tree ) are a favoutire of high end florists for
avant garde decorations , alsmost stark and graphic...
usha di Alnus species in eFloraofindia (with details/ keys from published papers/ regional floras/ FRLHT/ FOI/ Biotik/ efloras/ books etc., where ever available on net)
This is another tree in the same area as the Daphniphyllum. Today I photographed a couple of these trees and suspect them to be  Alnus sp. (Alnus nepalensis, perhaps). I did not see flower or fruit but I will keep an eye. Please advise.
Alnus sp.?Above Dal Lake, Dharamshala, HP1850m18 April 2016.
Thanks.Ashwini

With regards,
J.M.Garg

'Creating awareness of Indian
Flora & Fauna'Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia.

For identification,
learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join
our Efloraofindia
Google e-group (largest
in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or
Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than
11,000 species & 2,20,000 images). The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

Also author of 'A
Photoguide to the Birds of Kolkata & Common Birds of India'.

Dr. K. Chandra Sekar
Scientist-D
G.B. Pant Institute of Himalayan Environment and Development,
(An Autonomous Institute of Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change, Govt. of India)
Kosi - Katarmal,
Almora - 263 643
Uttarakhand, India
Get your own FREE website, FREE domain & FREE mobile app with Company email.
Know More >

Narain Singh Chauhan

Apr 26, 2016, 2:04:14 AM4/26/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia
Pl.check for Alnus nitida ---Kunish

Ashwini Bhatia

J.M. Garg

Apr 29, 2016, 10:28:08 PM4/29/16
to efloraofindia

May 2, 2016, 1:24:47 AM5/2/16
to efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia
Thanks, Vaneet ji.

> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or  otherwise please.
>
> Some earlier relevant  feedback:
>
> Yes. Alnus as per my knowledge.- from Tapas ji
>
> the typical reddish/brownish bark with small dots and dash remind me of
> Alder tree.
> is that the same?
> these red twigs (from further up the tree ) are a favoutire of high end
> florists for
> avant garde decorations , alsmost stark and graphic...
>
> usha di
>
> Alnus
> <https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/a---l/b/betulaceae/alnus>
>  species in eFloraofindia (with details/ *keys *from published papers/

> regional floras/ FRLHT/ FOI/ Biotik/ efloras/ books etc., where ever
> available on net)

Ashwini Bhatia

May 2, 2016, 10:56:03 AM5/2/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you Mr Garg. Please pass on my thanks to Vaneet ji.
Ashwini