Acanthaceae Fortnight :: Rostellularia FOR VALIDATION / ID :: Saphale Ghat :: DVMAR118/129

Dinesh Valke

Mar 26, 2015, 10:44:37 AM3/26/15
to efloraofindia

Acanthaceae Fortnight
acanthus, or ruellia family
¿ Rostellularia ?
Dear friends,
The spike could be measuring about 6 - 7 cm; the flower about 2 mm across.
along Saphale Ghat on September 28, 2009

¿ Rostellularia ?

¿ Rostellularia ?

¿ Rostellularia ?
Regards.
Dinesh

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 26, 2015, 11:34:00 PM3/26/15
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Thanks Dinesh ji for sharing.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

J.M. Garg

Mar 30, 2015, 2:38:40 AM3/30/15
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
Thanks, Dinesh ji.
Doesn't it look like Justicia procumbens, you already posted though I may be wrong ?

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Dinesh Valke

Mar 30, 2015, 12:18:04 PM3/30/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks Garg ji. It does look like Justicia procumbens.
But I am not sure whether I am mixing with Rostellularia crinita syn. Justicia micrantha.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Apr 3, 2015, 2:23:41 AM4/3/15
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Thanks, Dinesh ji.
Doesn't it look like Justicia procumbens, you already posted though I may be wrong ? - from me.

Thanks Garg ji. It does look like Justicia procumbens.
But I am not sure whether I am mixing with Rostellularia crinita syn. Justicia micrantha.
Regards.
Dinesh

Rostellularia crinita & Justicia micrantha are syn. of Justicia neesii as per Flora of Davanagere District, Karnataka, India By B. K. Manjunatha, V. Krishna, T. Pullaiah (2004- Details with Keys)

Pl. check the keys at An Excursion Flora of Central Tamilnadu, India By K. M. Matthew (1995)