Small herb for id 121010MK3

Muthu Karthick

Oct 13, 2010, 7:05:50 AM10/13/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Please help to id this small herb. First I thought its similarity with Dentella repens yet this is not at Rubiaceae.
could this herb be any Boraginaceae member?

Date/Time-

11-10-2010 / 05:00 PM

Location- Place, Altitude, GP

ca.30asl; Kancheepuram dist; TN

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

urban

Plant Habit-

herb

Height/Length-

not more than 8cm in height

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

ca.0.4 X 2cm; hispid surface

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

0.3cm across; white

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth Trust
Chennai - 61
www.careearthtrust.org
Dm 019.jpg
Dm 020.jpg
Dm 021.jpg

Vijayasankar

Oct 13, 2010, 11:00:30 AM10/13/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Heliotropium (scabrum/supinum group).

Regards

Vijayasankar

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 29, 2010, 1:06:24 PM10/29/10
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Forwarding again for ID

Earlier feedback

Vijayasankar ji....................................................Heliotropium (scabrum/supinum group).

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Nov 24, 2010, 7:08:21 AM11/24/10
to efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, Muthu Karthick, C KUNHIKANNAN, Mahadeswara Swamy

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Heliotropium (scabrum/supinum group).

Regards

Vijayasankar”

Dec 9, 2010, 6:21:22 PM12/9/10
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman, Rashida Atthar

Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Heliotropium (scabrum/supinum group).

Regards

Vijayasankar”

--

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman
I think matches with images at Heliotropium marifolium J.König ex Retz.
Dm 019.jpg
Dm 020.jpg
Dm 021.jpg