Centranthera indica confirmation requested

Ashutosh Sharma

Dec 2, 2017, 9:25:21 AM12/2/17
to indiantreepix

Respected members
Please confirm this herb , looks close to Centranthera indica but colour looks different.
At Hamirpur, HP
Altitude - 750 metres
Dated - 17/9/2017

Regards
Ashutosh Sharma

*** This message has been sent using GiONEE M5_lite ***
FB_IMG_1512223095688.jpg
IMG_20170917_125549.jpg
FB_IMG_1512223104249.jpg
FB_IMG_1512222248911.jpg

J.M. Garg

Dec 3, 2017, 11:22:58 PM12/3/17
to Ashutosh Sharma, efloraofindia
Nice images.

ashutoshsharma11sn

Dec 5, 2017, 12:43:14 AM12/5/17
to efloraofindia
Thanks Garg ji

ashutoshsharma11sn

Dec 11, 2017, 10:13:01 PM12/11/17
to efloraofindia
Confirmation still pending.

Nidhan Singh

Dec 13, 2017, 4:42:28 AM12/13/17
to ashutoshsharma11sn, efloraofindia
This is not Centrathera indica ..
I think not any other Centrathera even...

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 8:43 AM, ashutoshsharma11sn <ashutoshs...@gmail.com> wrote:
Confirmation still pending.

Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

ashutoshsharma11sn

Dec 13, 2017, 7:50:28 AM12/13/17
to efloraofindia
Thanks Nidhan Singh sir ,
To me it also look different from C.indica but Saroj Kumar sir had identified it as Centranthera indica on some group, any idea of closely related Genus sir?

J.M. Garg

Dec 13, 2017, 9:15:23 AM12/13/17

On 13-Dec-2017 6:20 PM, "ashutoshsharma11sn" <ashutoshs...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Nidhan Singh sir ,
To me it also look different from C.indica but Saroj Kumar sir had identified it as Centranthera indica on some group, any idea of closely related Genus sir?

ashutoshsharma11sn

Dec 13, 2017, 9:40:52 AM12/13/17
to efloraofindia
Garg sir i just checked ,it don't matches with any Scrophulariaceae member

J.M. Garg

Dec 13, 2017, 1:57:55 PM12/13/17
to Ashutosh Sharma, efloraofindia
Thanks, Ashutosh ji.

On 13-Dec-2017 8:10 PM, "ashutoshsharma11sn" <ashutoshs...@gmail.com> wrote:
Garg sir i just checked ,it don't matches with any Scrophulariaceae member

J.M. Garg

Dec 19, 2017, 10:34:20 AM12/19/17
to efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma, Nidhan Singh
Forwarding again for id pl. as not matching with the stated species.
Acanthaceae?

FB_IMG_1512223095688.jpg
IMG_20170917_125549.jpg
FB_IMG_1512223104249.jpg
FB_IMG_1512222248911.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 19, 2017, 11:43:40 AM12/19/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma, Nidhan Singh

J.M. Garg

Dec 26, 2017, 12:31:03 AM12/26/17
to efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma, Saroj Kasaju, Nidhan Singh
Hi, Ashutosh ji,
Any further lead in the matter?
Dec 27, 2017, 3:37:32 AM12/27/17
to efloraofindia
Garg ji ,
I am still not sure though in the link provided by Saroj ji images matches with plant .
I think Nidhan Singh sir may confirm.

J.M. Garg

Dec 27, 2017, 3:59:18 AM12/27/17
to Ashutosh Sharma, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Ashutosh ji.

J.M. Garg

Aug 19, 2018, 12:47:47 PM8/19/18
to efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma, Saroj Kasaju, Nidhan Singh
Aug 21, 2018, 10:23:23 AM8/21/18
to efloraofindia
Thanks Garg sir looks close.
I will try to find it and check it again by next month .

Regards
Ashutosh Sharma

J.M. Garg

Aug 21, 2018, 11:06:26 AM8/21/18
to Ashutosh Sharma, efloraofindia
Thanks, Ashutosh ji.
That will be nice. Yellowishness of the flowers will also have to be checked.

J.M. Garg

Sep 8, 2018, 12:22:05 AM9/8/18
to ashutoshsharma11sn, efloraofindia
Any news, Ashutosh ji ?

Ashutosh Sharma

Sep 16, 2018, 4:43:51 PM9/16/18
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Garg ji sorry for late response

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018, 9:52 AM J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any news, Ashutosh ji ?
On 21 August 2018 at 19:53, ashutoshsharma11sn <ashutoshs...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Garg sir looks close.
I will try to find it and check it again by next month .

Regards
Ashutosh Sharma

Centranthera nepalensis ..png
Centranthera cochinchinensis var. nepalensis.png
Centranthera nepalensis.png
C. nepalensis villous filaments.png

Ashutosh Sharma

Sep 16, 2018, 4:56:00 PM9/16/18
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
This is Centranthera cochinchinensis var.nepalensis rare white yellowish form (Synonyms - C.nepalensis) , it is not Centranthera cochinchinensis var. lutea because of its bracts longer than the calyces moreover in this case the corolla is also not longer than 15mm which will be upto 20mm in Centranthera cochinchinensis var. lutea .
Thus this one is rarer white yellowish form of Centranthera cochinchinensis var. nepalensis as generally flower colour is pinkish(corolla) with darker purplish tube.
Here are some images regarding differences between Centranthera species and a link

Best regards
Ashutosh Sharma
Centranthera nepalensis vs Centranthera lutea.png
Centranthera nepalensis.png
Centranthera (Syn.-Razumovia)species key.png

Ushadi Micromini

Sep 16, 2018, 9:23:50 PM9/16/18
to Ashutosh Sharma, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Ashutosh
great pics, these  last ones
exactly how a small flower parts that are relevant need to be depicted

2: did you go back to the same site and find this anew?

3: the link and your three screenshot dont match

the 3 screenshots are from some book or online flora of western himalayas

so do you have a link?
or a citation of the book you scanned it from?

thanks again for being thorough. i like it.
now if only we would all be thorough to start with, my eternal hope.

4: never rely on any herbal selling site, as in Saorj's link
 this one is a resort....how diligent are they in selecting pictures?
god only knows.

====

usha di

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018, 2:13 AM Ashutosh Sharma <ashutoshs...@gmail.com> wrote:
Garg ji sorry for late response

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018, 9:52 AM J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any news, Ashutosh ji ?
On 21 August 2018 at 19:53, ashutoshsharma11sn <ashutoshs...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Garg sir looks close.
I will try to find it and check it again by next month .

Regards
Ashutosh Sharma

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

Usha di
===========

J.M. Garg

Sep 17, 2018, 1:09:45 AM9/17/18
to Ashutosh Sharma, indiantreepix
Thanks, Ashutosh ji, for the wonderful analysis.
May I know the books respectively from where these snapshots have being taken.

On 17 September 2018 at 02:25, Ashutosh Sharma <ashutoshs...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Ashutosh Sharma

Sep 17, 2018, 2:26:06 AM9/17/18
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Thanks Ushadi for suggestions yes the plants are recently photographed from same locations as of previous year and are same to earlier one.

Thanks Garg ji here are the links -

https://www.jstor.org/stable/2481130?Search=yes&resultItemClick=true&searchText=Centranthera&searchText=indica&searchUri=%2Faction%2FdoBasicSearch%3FQuery%3DCentranthera%2Bindica&refreqid=search%3A1d99babeb2023ff8a50486d3cd6b2018&seq=2&loggedin=true#metadata_info_tab_contents

Two more images attached showing corolla length about 15 mm and other showing plant size as small as upto 6cms.

Best regards
Ashutosh Sharma

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018, 10:39 AM J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

C. nepalensis flower 15mm long.png
Plants about 6cms long.png

J.M. Garg

Sep 17, 2018, 3:03:41 AM9/17/18
to Ashutosh Sharma, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot, Ashutosh ji.

Ushadi Micromini

Sep 17, 2018, 11:43:36 AM9/17/18
to J.M. Garg, Ashutosh Sharma, indiantreepix
Thank you Ashutosh for cooperation
i am on my out of the house
will look at the links soon this week

usha di

Usha di
===========

J.M. Garg

Sep 30, 2018, 11:51:30 AM9/30/18
to Ashutosh Sharma, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Hi, Ashutosh ji,
May I request you to go through the posts in Centranthera indica (having posts from south India, where only C. indica is reported and from Himalayas where only Centranthera cochinchinensis var. nepalensis is reported)- do you find any difference between the two ?

Ashutosh Sharma

Oct 2, 2018, 9:03:33 AM10/2/18
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Saroj
Good Evening Garg ji ,

I have gone through most of the posts of Centranthera indica page.
Both C.indica as well as C. cochinchinensis var. nepalensis are mentioned as two different species on plant list as well as gbif. Also in IUCN page on Centranthera indica there's no any mention of C.cochinchinensis var. nepalensis as its synonym.

After detailed study the only main difference that I found between two is the length of Corolla which is much longer in C.indica(2-2.5cms long) than C.cochinchinensis var. nepalensis (1.5cms long) .
Also the matured plants of C.cochinchinensis var.nepalensis can remain as small as to 5cms whereas the plants are larger(more than 10cms) in C.indica.

However from the images as well as colour of flower present on site we can't conclude it untill we will have measurements of Corolla ,as far as my specimens are concerned both including this rarer white colour form and the other pink colour form have corolla not more than 15mm long ,but personally till now I have no any encounter with the South Indian Centranthera indica.
Moreover C.indica is much widespread species reported from South India to Australia while C.cochinchinensis var. nepalensis only occurs near the Himalayas.

I am sharing again this link where difference between Centranthera species are listed.

Best regards
Ashutosh Sharma

J.M. Garg

Oct 2, 2018, 9:36:42 AM10/2/18
to Ashutosh Sharma, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Ashutosh ji, for taking your time and doing this important analysis.
Thanks once again.

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 2, 2018, 11:20:36 AM10/2/18
to J.M. Garg, Ashutosh Sharma, efloraofindia
Dear Ashutosh ji,

Did you check my post too? And your opinion please.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Ashutosh Sharma

Oct 2, 2018, 11:33:54 AM10/2/18
to Saroj, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Saroj Kasaju ji

I have seen your post of Centranthera from Nepal and that plant is matching with my another post on Centranthera cochinchinensis var. nepalensis having rose coloured corolla and darker purplish corolla tube.
That one should be C.cochinchinensis var. nepalensis.
However I will recomend you to please take measurement of Corolla if possible ,it should be about 15mm long.

Regards
Ashutosh Sharma

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 2, 2018, 11:47:05 AM10/2/18
to Ashutosh Sharma, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Ok Next season.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju