SK559 12 JUN-2017:ID

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 12, 2017, 11:11:05 AM6/12/17
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members,

Location: Panitanki, Naxalbari, India
Date: 26 May  2017
Altitude: 450 ft.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0367.JPG
DSC_0371.JPG
DSC_0372.JPG
DSC_0373.JPG
DSC_0374.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 12, 2017, 10:05:54 PM6/12/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Pl. Check comparative images at Cassia page in efi site.

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 13, 2017, 12:05:37 PM6/13/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Cassia javanica L.   ????

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Promila Chaturvedi

Jun 17, 2017, 10:17:21 AM6/17/17
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes, I think so.
Promila

J.M. Garg

Jun 27, 2017, 2:09:56 AM6/27/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, promila chaturvedi
I think closer to Cassia javanica subsp. nodosa (Roxb.) K.Larsen & S.S.Larsen as per comparative images at ‎Cassia
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

DSC_0367.JPG
DSC_0371.JPG
DSC_0372.JPG
DSC_0373.JPG
DSC_0374.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 27, 2017, 3:15:57 AM6/27/17
to J.M. Garg, flowers...@gmail.com, Tabish, efloraofindia, promila chaturvedi
Thank you Mr. Garg.

Cassia nodosa Roxb. (synonym)

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 22, 2017, 5:54:59 AM8/22/17
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Tabish, flowers...@gmail.com, Promila Chaturvedi
Thank you Tabish !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Forwarded conversation

Subject: SK559 12 JUN-2017:ID
------------------------

From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 8:55 PM
To: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>, "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>

Date: 26 May  2017
Altitude: 450 ft.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

----------
From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 7:50 AM
To: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Cc: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>

From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 9:50 PM
To: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>
Cc: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>

Cassia javanica L.   ????

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

----------
From: Promila Chaturvedi <thegardener...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 8:02 PM
To: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Cc: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>, efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>

Yes, I think so.
Promila

----------

From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 1:00 PM
To: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>, "flowers...@gmail.com" <flowers...@gmail.com>, Tabish <tab...@gmail.com>
Cc: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>, promila chaturvedi <thegardener...@gmail.com>

Thank you Mr. Garg.

Cassia nodosa Roxb. (synonym)

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

----------
From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 9:16 PM
To: "flowers...@gmail.com" <flowers...@gmail.com>, Tabish <tab...@gmail.com>

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Forwarded conversation

------------------------

From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 8:55 PM
To: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>, "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>

Date: 26 May  2017
Altitude: 450 ft.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

----------
From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 7:50 AM
To: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Cc: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>

From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 9:50 PM
To: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>
Cc: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>

Cassia javanica L.   ????

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

----------
From: Promila Chaturvedi <thegardener.chaturvedi@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 8:02 PM
To: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Cc: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>, efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>

Yes, I think so.
Promila

----------

From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 1:00 PM
To: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>, "flowers...@gmail.com" <flowers...@gmail.com>, Tabish <tab...@gmail.com>
Cc: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>, promila chaturvedi <thegardener.chaturvedi@gmail.com>

Thank you Mr. Garg.

Cassia nodosa Roxb. (synonym)

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

----------
From: Flowers of India <flowers...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 12:02 AM
To: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>

Dear Saroj,
   I think your tree is Cassia javanica ssp. agnes, whose accepted name is
Cassia
agnes (de Wit) Brenan
See the difference between the two subspecies of Cassia javanica here:
 http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=242311360
In Cassia javanica ssp. agnes, flowers are borne in panicles at the end of leafy bracnhes. This feature is clearly visible in your pictures.
In Cassia javanica ssp. nodosa, flowers are borne in racemes on short side branches. You can see that here:
 http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Java%20Cassia.html
 Tabish

 http://www.flowersofindia.net
 The Waterhole of Flower Lovers

DSC_0367.JPG
DSC_0371.JPG
DSC_0372.JPG
DSC_0373.JPG
DSC_0374.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 30, 2017, 10:34:18 PM8/30/17
to efloraofindia, promila chaturvedi, Saroj Kasaju, Tabish
Thanks, Tabish ji,
But to me the first image gives the impression that it is Cassia javanica subsp. nodosa (Roxb.) K.Larsen & S.S.Larsen & not Cassia javanica ssp. agnes

Thank you Tabish !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Thank you.